Phoenix

How to attract more people to the Phoenix?

osher99

THREE IDEAS:
1. need consistent twitch streamers with cam ON (this is 100% a MUST imo)
2. a feature that sets it apart from all the other servers 
-proximity VC
-custom emotes in text (e.g. twitch emotes in-game)
(something to bring maple to the modern age and make it feel refreshing while retaining nostalgic factor)
3. some kind of discord integration
-market/store info posts to discord
-game stats (top 5 exp gainers that week, top 5 meso earners that week, most zakum/X mob kills, etc)

It's hard to say as a new player, but I think there are a lot of unnecessary dificulties we need to deal with.

For example, I think the amount of slots on inventory could be a bit higher. Now, you need something like 10 days of voting to upgrade it. For a new player, you will end up not getting items on the floor, or you will skip quests that would give you an  item to deliver somewhere. And c'mon this wouldn't be broken if you add.

Other example: you can't open a hired merchant when you start. I don't know which conditions, but I think it's lv16 or one week old account. 

Another thing is th fact you can't buy your own potions depending on the job you start. This is like non sense imo. Maybe would be good to increase meso/h gains to a lv15, and make quests more rewardful (lv20 scroll quest maybe).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is an interesting talk about creating competitive advantages (https://youtu. be/vid5yZRKzs0)

I know that talking about competitive advantages in a small private server seems a bit over the top, but I do believe that it still applies, since we have to answer the question:

Why do I wanna play in this private server, when there are more active ones out there?

We have low rates, and no 4th Job (yet), but what makes this server truly unique are the restriction.

Those challenges is something we could focus on.

There are definitely a bunch of ways to do so, but my suggestion would be, to create more incentives for players to try play the restrictive mode.

This could be achieved through SMALL bonuses for the whole account, without overpowering it:

For example:

• +1 jump / 10 lvl as Area Restricted (only MapleIsland)
  • +1 item slot / 10 lvl as Four Slots
  • Maybe introducing new restrictions (intless Mage, Luckless Thief, …) -> +1 int / 10 lvls as intless mage

Those are just some examples, but I strongly believe, that the server can attract more players as soon we create a strong message.

Edited by WhyHigh
  • Thanks 1