Phoenix

Nice place you have here

Edge

I wanted to briefly mention how the game looks at a glance. During my time I also thought of some pro's and con's to think about. Above all else though, I like to give thanks for keeping the spirit of Old school Maplestory from disappearing.

Con's

- Maybe too much authenticity?

With few mob drops coming in, mesos can get drained fast. I remember being poor way back when and playing here highlighted some of the spots where it can be tough to make money. Also, I laugh a little on the inside at how some of the quests can become hell versions when your character is still weak.

- No 4th job

This kind of goes both ways,. I'm not sure if its a good idea to remove some goal posts but there are reasons for it, so I shrug.

- Slow paced late game

I'm not sure what people would consider late game by todays standards? Not counting quests, Maplestory from years ago started to get grindy after a while either way. I can only imagine how things could be past level 100 and beyond.

Pro's

- A faithful recreation of Old school Maplestory for the most part. With a certain number of modern add on's, I think players can forget the better aspects of an rpg platformer. Like mobs that can actually damage novices.

- Very affordable store permits

Mesos still feel like they are in short supply but its nice to see different visions of the Free market.

- 3rd job only

I think there could be potential in keeping with this route but it could also do more damage than intended too. Then again advanced classes also get less balanced over time as well. So I don't have strong feelings on it one way or the other.

Regardless of minor tweaks, I like Phoenix because it is helping to preserve a style of game that can drive people crazy. If it was not fun then nobody would have played it, not then nor now..

On 7/29/2022 at 10:13 AM, Edge said:

I wanted to briefly mention how the game looks at a glance. During my time I also thought of some pro's and con's to think about. Above all else though, I like to give thanks for keeping the spirit of Old school Maplestory from disappearing.

Con's

- Maybe too much authenticity?

With few mob drops coming in, mesos can get drained fast. I remember being poor way back when and playing here highlighted some of the spots where it can be tough to make money. Also, I laugh a little on the inside at how some of the quests can become hell versions when your character is still weak.

- No 4th job

This kind of goes both ways,. I'm not sure if its a good idea to remove some goal posts but there are reasons for it, so I shrug.

- Slow paced late game

I'm not sure what people would consider late game by todays standards? Not counting quests, Maplestory from years ago started to get grindy after a while either way. I can only imagine how things could be past level 100 and beyond.

Pro's

- A faithful recreation of Old school Maplestory for the most part. With a certain number of modern add on's, I think players can forget the better aspects of an rpg platformer. Like mobs that can actually damage novices.

- Very affordable store permits

Mesos still feel like they are in short supply but its nice to see different visions of the Free market.

- 3rd job only

I think there could be potential in keeping with this route but it could also do more damage than intended too. Then again advanced classes also get less balanced over time as well. So I don't have strong feelings on it one way or the other.

Regardless of minor tweaks, I like Phoenix because it is helping to preserve a style of game that can drive people crazy. If it was not fun then nobody would have played it, not then nor now..

ABSOLUTE FACT OF MAPLESTORY #1: people dont play maplestory because it's "fun" they play because they are depressed