Phoenix

Why we shouldnt have an 4th job or part of it.

Roy2020

For really long time there people that want an 4th job, and some of them aren't want 4th job. I will try to write here all the point's why 4th job is really bad for the server.

So why I am agaist having 4th job?

First of all a lot of people came here because we heared its hard server (x1), and old school server. People here gotten an expectation that we wont have an 4th job (by 2 things: releasing leafre without 4th job. and second: even before that, there was an surly that we wont have the 4th job for the whole community.), that is the reason they choose to investe there time in phoenix, and no any else server. Releasing 4th job or part of it in v0.69 after getting the expectation that we wont have 4th job, will make a lot of people that investe so much time on x1 server to quit (mostly level's 120+ that will understand that the whole levels they did - they did in the hard way of 3rd job, while now people can do these levels easier), the server will have deffently less people and it will be less active.

Second reason, phoenix is specially server becuase its like gms (with very minor changes) and 3rd job x1 all server, there not much good server like this, while there a lot of 4th server. This will make phoenix to compatition on other's big already server's of 4th job and everyone know what heppen to new copmany that compatetion with cleints of big companies that already excist right? its will make phoenix to be dead server.

Third reason, most of the people that want the 4th job, they want this becuase they say's that we need more updates cus people get burnout and its actually true for some people, but When I came to phoenix I thought that only strong personallty people play's here, but I guess I was wrong... Another thing is that if they will burnout cus no 4th job, they will burnout with 4th job (cus then they will want to have 5th job) and its will never stop there, they will want to keep more and more releasing that will make the server to be no more old school.

Ok, so not an full 4th job, but why not 1-2 skills of 4th job for every class? 

The first reason is connected to the 3rd reason of "why not having 4th job". Its will start with 1 skill and then they will burnout and they will want to have another skills and another skill that will end with full 4th job, that will make a lot of people quit, and phoenix will be dead.

Second reason, people will start crying, "why i didnt get that skill, and i get that skill?" or "why this class got that good skill, and my class got shit skill?" that's will never end, and no one will be happy by releasing 1 or 2 skills. 2 effect that its will lead: 1 people quit, second we will get more and more 4th skills and the end is: people will quit cus they wanted an 3rd job, and they was getting an 4th job server.

Ok so probably some people will says "how do you know that people will quit? lets make an voting", so why voting is bad idea?

First, people that have many accounting can multi vote, and its wont be really democracy.

Second reason, people that play other server or even the owner's of other server's, will be able to vote to there own need's for example, make a bad decision here to make people quit to there server's. 

Third reason is that people that want 4th job wont quit if they will lose in the voting (anyway they played so far as 3rd job server), but people that agaist 4th job will quit if there will be 4th job (cus they got so many signs from the beginning of the server until now, and all there work goes for noting) 

In conclusion, I write here why its bad to have some skills of 4th job, or balancing skills of 4th job, or the whole 4th job - all these idea's will desteroy the server.

You can add here more reason why having 4th job is bad idea, or why you think I am wrong. 

Edited by Roy2020

Personally, I never really got past 7X as a kid so I have no previous experience playing past the versions with Leafre and no previous end-game experience. I don’t know how 4th job and all that really affected the meta, all I remember is there being a point where the person with the best gear got ahead faster (lots of PVP stuff got added).

I feel like 3rd job is one of the things that enticed a lot of the playerbase here, for me the idea of 1x rates was my biggest draw with no pay to get ahead options.

That being said, if the direction of the server does continue to be 3rd only, I believe if Arnah will continue to do QOL improvements on the skills and classes that feel the weakest then no one will have any issue staying 3rd job.

Edited by Rykbi
Didn’t finish typing yet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rykbi said:

Personally, I never really got past 7X as a kid so I have no previous experience playing past the versions with Leafre and no previous end-game experience. I don’t know how 4th job and all that really affected the meta, all I remember is there being a point where the person with the best gear got ahead faster (lots of PVP stuff got added).

I feel like 3rd job is one of the things that enticed a lot of the playerbase here, for me the idea of 1x rates was my biggest draw with no pay to get ahead options.

That being said, if the direction of the server does continue to be 3rd only, I believe if Arnah will continue to do QOL improvements on the skills and classes that feel the weakest then no one will have any issue staying 3rd job.

First of all, thx for reading and give your opnion.
I also quit a bit after 7x version, and then i back much later and i keep quit and off gms. 

I hope you right, there some pople in the server that too much want skills of 4th job with no any really good point. (if they would have, they will write here why they such want an 4th job). I agree for cosmetic changes in 3rd skills job, but 4th job is my red line. 

anyway I hope arnah read our massage and consider to decide not having 4th job at all. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:18 AM, Rykbi said:

I don’t know how 4th job and all that really affected the meta, all I remember is there being a point where the person with the best gear got ahead faster (lots of PVP stuff got added).

Mostly it's the fact 4th job increased damage by a decent amount and obviously with nexon it wasn't exactly perfect. Can include something like mage FMA's made it fma meta but that is irrelevant here as I'd never let that exist.

While servers close to 1x 4th job exist, they are still not close enough 1:1's for me to completely decline the idea of adding 4th.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:06 AM, Arnah said:

Mostly it's the fact 4th job increased damage by a decent amount and obviously with nexon it wasn't exactly perfect. Can include something like mage FMA's made it fma meta but that is irrelevant here as I'd never let that exist.

While servers close to 1x 4th job exist, they are still not close enough 1:1's for me to completely decline the idea of adding 4th.

same as #The Future of Phoenix