Phoenix

Dojo Belt Scroll suggestion

Droolz

100% Scrolls
I believe these should be obtainable by intermediate players, level 60-90 range.

King Sage Cat - Belt for INT 100% & Belt for LUK 100%
Elliza - Belt for DEX 100% & Belt for STR 100%

Currently these two bosses specifically offer almost nothing of value and are almost always up for the killing. Alternatively the 100% scrolls could be spread across more bosses, ones that are further apart from each other to prevent people just hoping between the two. However most of the other bosses I looked at are either too low level or currently have an already stacked loot table.

60% Scrolls
These scrolls are essentially the cream of the crop. They should only drop from the highest barrier to entry content in the game. That cannot be solo'd easily by any one single class OR isn't farmed at all by the community.

Zakum - Belt for DEX 60% / Belt for LUK 60%
Bigfoot - Belt for INT 60% / Belt for STR 60%

10% Scrolls
These are the ultimate high-risk high-reward style scrolls, you'll have to work your ass off for a black belt and you'll have to risk it with a 10% if you want the best belt on the server. And ultimately if or when it fails you'll have to run dojo again. I could also see a world where the 10% scrolls drop from world mobs and not bosses, things that nobody farms. Perhaps Grim Phantom Watch or Squid.

Leviathan - Belt for INT 10% / Belt for STR 10%
Thanatos & Gatekeeper - Belt for DEX 10% / Belt for LUK 10%

Summary:
This is just a crazy idea I had and the droprates or which bosses got which scrolls should be left to someone with more insight. If it gets shot down straight away, then so be it.

Thanks,

Droolz.

Example:
image.png.ba64b229498f2e46beca28757393c88d.png

Here are another two ideas that are a bit more low level friendly.

I was recently talking to the walking W about belt scrolls, and he had the idea, that it should be something you purchase for the dojo points you collect from clearing it, from what I understood. This would give dojo more replay value. Though I am personally of the opinion that dojo is gonna feel like a chore even to obtain a good belt.

I think having the scrolls obtainable through the dojo in some fashion would be more "appropriate", because belts don't drop from mobs as far as I know. Since they don't drop and are only obtainable from dojo, I think the placement should be around dojo or even in the Mu Lung area.

Just spreading them around Mu Lung mobs would make most sense imo, because some of these mobs are in some way related to the dojo or the martial arts theme:

monsters283.gifmonsters285.gifmaster-dummy.png

Edited by Kradia

lol

1 hour ago, Kradia said:

I was recently talking to someone about belt scrolls, and they had the idea, that it should be something you purchase for the dojo points you collect from clearing it, from what I understood. This would give dojo more replay value. Though I am personally of the opinion that dojo is gonna feel like a chore even to obtain a good belt.

I think having the scrolls obtainable through the dojo in some fashion would be more "appropriate", because belts don't drop from mobs as far as I know. Since they don't drop and are only obtainable from dojo, I think the placement should be around dojo or even in the Mu Lung area.

Just spreading them around Mu Lung mobs would make most sense imo, because some of these mobs are in some way related to the dojo or the martial arts theme:

lol

5 hours ago, Kradia said:

I was recently talking to the walking W about belt scrolls, and he had the idea, that it should be something you purchase for the dojo points you collect from clearing it, from what I understood. This would give dojo more replay value. Though I am personally of the opinion that dojo is gonna feel like a chore even to obtain a good belt.

I agree that it makes more sense for the scrolls to come from Dojo or Mu Lung but feel like it would be a missed opportunity to bring some life to the "dead" content in the game.

I like the idea of the 100% scrolls being thrown into various mini boss drop tables. Gives low level players an opportunity to farm them. Also not a fan of having to farm dojo points to buy scrolls, it will just feel like a daily and eventually it's going to suck depending on how far you have to go. However, compared to farming low level mobs for belt scrolls I think I'd rather stack up dojo points to buy them.

I also like the idea of throwing 60% belt scrolls into bosses like papulatus or pianus and actually having the scroll drop at a decent rate instead of the current base scroll drop rates in bosses. I've probably seen 2 60% scrolls drop from papulatus and pianus since playing the server. Having a 10 or 20% chance to find a random belt 60 from bosses will give them another reason to kill them again.

10% scrolls idk they feel troll af.

• 1 year later...