Phoenix

normalize attack speed on high level weps

NixMar

Agree with this.

I commented on something similar a long time ago regarding swords, shortly after Stonetooth was introduced to the game:

Nexon's approach of trying to make multiple items exist of the same level, but with a difference in weapon attack and attack speed simply doesn't work. It's better to normalize it and guarantee the higher level items being better than the rest.

i do like the idea of scaling with level. not just for 2h-swords but for all. but in recent gear changing posts arnah said he prefers 1 change for all.

an example of what im thinking is:

warrior 2h weapons - normal speed

warrior 1h weapons - fast speed (4 or 5)

bow - fast

xbow - normal

etc

i think its mainly the warrior weapons that have so much variation in attack speed.

this could also help axe and BW users and keeps it more simple 

• 2 weeks later...

bump 
alot of higher level weps just go in the bin cus unsuable because of the attack speed.

from expirance as DK. any slow spear is just bad to use since ur stuck for so long in an animation. at pianus i have to use maple spear in order to HB in time incase of dispell or people die... and at skeles i can only get 1 hit in wait for there atk so i can jump it. 
for pole arms. all of them go to the npc.
axe and bw we all know how that is cus of slow vs sword already being better and having better attack speed
the 2 best bows are super rare
f/p mages stuck with evil wings or a rare pyogo

• 1 month later...

bump

still just get stuck in animantion where i cant dodge magic attacks making the wdef buff not great

do this atleast for melee weapons

(other classes got huge armor buffs!!!)

Edited by NixMar