Phoenix

Lower weapon luk req for mage

Rykbi

Now that mage luk reqs have been lowered, it would be nice to lower the luk req for weapons also. If you did a matching luk req change for weapons, it would give all end game mages an effective buff of 35-40 magic.

This change would also make it viable to use level appropriate weapons and gear for low level mages rather than them losing out on damage as soon as they put points into luk to wear them. It’s no secret that mages going lukless until endgame is the strongest ap distribution, with lvl 30 and 43 lukless weapons pretty easily attainable. This just makes 8-40 gear much less of a noob trap.

Magic scaling is already much lower than that of weapon attack, so I don’t think it would be game breaking to give mages this buff. It would be a great QOL change that might make the magician class as a whole more desirable.

The reduction of luk on mage armors doesn't really do anything if the weapon luk stays the same, I agree. At best you get marginally more luk from OA/Glove/Shoe to help equip your weapon and a tiny bit more int as well. It's like 8 stat gain at best from 28+ luk reduction which doesn't really line up well. 

I agree that weapons would also need some readjusting as well, or the magic formula needs a rework. As of right now there still no reason to use a high luk weapon. 

Edited by Dusteh