Phoenix

Doom changes

RickSenchez

In the thought process of reworking priest class so it is sustainable for grinds in endgame i suggest changing doom skill :

- cost 1 magic rock, for a period amount of time you gain the ability to use doom for a certain amount of mana.

- the snail form make it so the mob's magic defense  + weapon defense is ignored.

- snail form does not negates elemental weaknesses of the mobs (if you doom holy weak mobs they remain holy weak).

if all those are implemented I suggest that the duration will be 3 minutes and the mana cost will be 200 mana per use at max level.

*the duration means that the skill has to have timer like any other buff skills on the top right of the screen.

this will allow priest to grind efficiently and also to support other classes who are struggling in really strong maps like road to oblivion for example.  

would love to hear thoughts on this.

Edited by RickSenchez
Typos

I like the concept, my only concern would be that the defense negation would be too strong. If arnah did consider this I think it would require some playtesting to see how much more DPS this would make vs the mob.

I definitely think the idea of a recastable doom for X time instead of 1 rock per cast. Keeping the resistances and weaknesses of the snail would definitely help for priest vs holy weak mobs, since making everything snails currently makes them holy weak. 

I'm all for doom changes, its current state doesn't make me prioritize using it at all. It's far too expensive and unreliable to use as a training tool. At the very least the skill should change to 100% at max instead of 90%.