Phoenix

Remove Double 3's Rule

SHA2048

Removal of the double 3's rule.  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those who don't know, the Double 3's Rule in Omok is a rule that prevents placing a piece in a place where it will create 2 rows of three at once.
I've only seen this rule in Maplestory and not in any other version of Gomoku(Omok). I don't really know why they added it in GMS but I think it makes no sense and actually decreases the amount of complexity in the game.

This might be un-GMS like but so is fixing smuggling in KPQ, We modify the game to create a better experiance.
Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by SHA2048

I don't really play Omok but a lot of people do, and some of them are not fluent with the double 3 thing.. Omok is a Korean version of the Gomoku Japanese game, and none of the Koreans or even @Lilchubbyken himself hinted about this double 3 rule so I believe that removing the double 3 will not be that "game breaking" since it's just a minigame.

Edited by radish
  • Like 1

It will be kept but I'll toggle it on and off in future updates as issues with it get fixed.

I'll likely send a message when its turned on, and add a way for the omok room owner to toggle it.

• Like 1