Phoenix

Average hits calculator

Truth Seeker

Hey guys, I started developing this average hits calculator back when OSM was still functional. It uses OSM's monster library, so some monster stats are a little off. Please let me know if you guys would like to try it out. If there is sufficient interest I'll share a DL link with a more complete version; there wasn't much interest in the program back in the day. I used the formulae from the infamous 2009 post on ayumilove. Ultimately, i think that this program is a cool way to see exactly which monster is the most efficient to kill given you character's stats. 

Updates

3/4/21:
Check out my vid on the math behind it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiMbwhViDMo&ab_channel=GameCrux 

3/7/21:
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3mnh9g1ne8baxfm/ManyWorlds.rar/file
To use, simply extract the .rar file somewhere and click on "ManyWorlds.exe". Use the "ReadMe.txt" file to determine which fields need to be filled in. Calculations will take a while if you're high-leveled or have a large attack range. If you would like to contribute to the project, please check out the associated repository on Github: https://github.com/GameCrux/ManyWorlds . 

manyworlds example 2.png

Edited by Truth Seeker
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i have a few questions:

1) when inserting skill damage %, do we need to insert the single line skill damage % or the total skill damage %?
- for example thief's lucky7 deals 150% skill damage x2. so the single line is 150% and the total is 300%

2) how do you factor in shadow partner which deals 50% of the damage of your lucky7 which is also affected by whether said lucky7 line crits or doesn't crit in the first place?

from a sample i given your program of a lvl 94 hermit, it returns me 5 basic mobs to kill which are dark stump, pig, stump, red snail and shroom. (lol) it doesnt give me mobs of higher than lvl 30?

i can also see your program doesnt take into account a lot of other skills as well, so it is more suited to be used for basically 1st jobbers only?

also got a virus threat from AV.

Edited by Juneee

4 hours ago, Juneee said:

i have a few questions:

1) when inserting skill damage %, do we need to insert the single line skill damage % or the total skill damage %?
- for example thief's lucky7 deals 150% skill damage x2. so the single line is 150% and the total is 300%

2) how do you factor in shadow partner which deals 50% of the damage of your lucky7 which is also affected by whether said lucky7 line crits or doesn't crit in the first place?

from a sample i given your program of a lvl 94 hermit, it returns me 5 basic mobs to kill which are dark stump, pig, stump, red snail and shroom. (lol) it doesnt give me mobs of higher than lvl 30?

i can also see your program doesnt take into account a lot of other skills as well, so it is more suited to be used for basically 1st jobbers only?

also got a virus threat from AV.

Thanks for trying it out!

1) Yes, for mastered lucky7 you would insert 150%, as each individual hit of the attack uses this number to compute the damage. 

2) Shadow partner is currently not supported but wouldn't be too difficult to code in.

3) I have no idea why it's doing that lol. 

4) I'm aware of the virus thing, but I'm not sure why it happens. If it makes you feel better, I can barely make this GUI, let alone a virus.

At some point, I'll take a look at the code to solve problem 3 since that seems quick and easy. Maaaayyyyyybe I'll do 2, but that one's a bit invovled atm.