Phoenix

Black Sack & Hardcore

SHA2048

This is a great idea.  Or at least, make it so the death isn't permanent in "safe" areas like towns and event maps?  In places like this, it's bad enough to lose a % or charms, but don't think it's fair for a hardcore character to lose their progress in an area that is supposed to be "safe".

Or maybe this is the case already?  Don't want to test it though. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if a high level hardcore just died to prompt this post. Anyway, it may not be a bad idea for the “safe” map deaths to not nuke your character, but it seems rare enough not to pose an issue that needs addressing. Besides, if someone summoned balrog in one of these safe maps, it’s pretty unlikely he’d last long enough to actually gank a hardcore unless it was summoned on top of them. All other summons can only get a low level or afk player easily.

I don't think anyone hardcore has died, just realized this might pose an issue with the 'new' jr balrog sack, hardcore players often come with other restrictions so they are usually lower level, a jr could 1 hit them most of the time.
I think even if a systematic change in the code is too much effort, it would be nice to get a word from Arnah if he will be willing to return hardcore chars that have died that way.

• Like 1

I see! I could get behind anywhere that gives a 1% loss as a designated "safe" death area. Probably a pretty easy little clapperpatch job to code too. But that would include a few boss maps too though, I guess. Not that an Ironman could probably loot the big bosses anywhere since apparently "public" drops cannot be picked up regardless of full damage contributions or not. 

• 1 month later...

Hardcore characters should not be able to be affected by other players' Black Sacks. It's a pretty far outlier, but if someone is set on ruining your 1-~50 hardcore character they could spawn a Jr. Balrog on you and it'd be fairly likely to kill you. I feel like this kind of thing is especially damning the more restrictions you add on like Half EXP, Ironman, etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...