Phoenix

Player's Future vs Leafre & Horntail

Godzilla

Hi Everyone, 

My Alias on forums is Godzilla, though I am not Godzilla in game. 

I apologize for any lack of knowledge I have for the game. I'm here because I want to share my perspective.

I want to talk about the upcoming leafre's installation. I'm pretty uninform of how it's going to turn out. I've heard the word balance being thrown about leafre, and I don't know if anyone has a clue how it'll turn out. I do have concerns because balance can be many things. It does strike to me pretty odd if mob/boss damage/health/def is nerfed just to compensate for lack of 4th job.  To me it takes away some of the authenticity of the game if those changes were to be made. I rather keep the stats of mobs/bosses the same. How do you guys feel about it? 

Even though, players are lacking 4th job skills they should have enough HP and/or defense to survive all the mobs in leafre, I think. Correct me if I am wrong. Though there is one monster in leafre that sure stands out. Horntail is a boss monster that can pretty much 1 hit KO some classes like Hermits, Rangers, and Snipers from what remember. How will they survive without HP wash? Easy! Raise your HP with AP points and get HP gear, lol. I'm being serious though because Hermits maybe be still stronger and faster than a crusader/white knight if they spent like 40 levels pumping AP points into their HP. I'm not for sure though you guys would have to do that math, I'm not an expert on the subject of math. From what I know 20-24 HP gain from 1 AP point depending on the class. I do see a fairness in how strength is being balance between the class because of the need to survival in boss battles. I think Horntail is a great monster to help balance all the classes and I think it gives players a choice if they want to put points into HP or not. They don't need to horntail if they don't want to it just means no godly horntail necklace. I also what to point out why making things untradeable helps balance this game. Like this scenario for example: Players who have lost strength because of buffing their HP stats can still get a horntail necklace to make them stronger. Where players who rather have a pure build will be stronger but will miss out on godly horntail necklace because they can't survive, I think.  Because of the untradeable feature it makes things fair (damage/strength wise) for player who decided apply AP point into HP.  Do you guys believe there will be HP builds in the future for maplestory Phoenix? And would you do it?

I can see equips like shinobi bracer or Khanjar being introduce to help support damage if HP builds become main stream. Heck maybe even 4th job can be introduce, lol. Did I go to far? Strike a nerve maybe? Just teasing Imao. Anyways, if you got this far into the reading, thank you. If you think there are any input you want to put feel free to share.... I might like to here them. 😉 CIAO!

19 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

How will they survive without HP wash? Easy! Raise your HP with AP points and get HP gear, lol. I'm being serious though because Hermits maybe be still stronger and faster than a crusader/white knight if they spent like 40 levels pumping AP points into their HP.

Ha, that's what I've been saying! Although I'm not sure about hermits being stronger regardless, and archers might have some complaints. 

20 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Players who have lost strength because of buffing their HP stats can still get a horntail necklace to make them stronger. Where players who rather have a pure build will be stronger but will miss out on godly horntail necklace because they can't survive, I think.  Because of the untradeable feature it makes things fair (damage/strength wise) for player who decided apply AP point into HP.  Do you guys believe there will be HP builds in the future for maplestory Phoenix? And would you do it?

I agree, and yes, I'm fond of the concept of HP builds. 

• Like 1

You know i'm not so sure too, lol. I was just being a bit bold about that whole 40 levels thing. Though I do remember being in a server where this OP Hero got dps by his own OP NL that was 50 levels less. That Hero had a broken 200watt 2h sword (normal speed). That old server had a dps chart on rankings, so we could compare damage. That's how i feel about NL because of that. I guess for the long range attacks is that I don't see there dps dropping down as quickly as a warrior because when warriors get knocked back they need to walk back up to the target. Long range don't need to walk back to the target as often which makes their dps more consistent. It might be different if warriors had power stance in this server but they don't ,imao. I do see it as all the classes got a huge nerf except warriors because of HP washing isn't a thing here. And what's great is that it's optional so if classes like archers feel they're not strong enough they don't need to put points into HP. I wonder what the archer player thinks about all this. I do wonder if the archer class is capable enough with an HP build

• 4 weeks later...

even if ppl do  what u are  suggesting which is adding ap into hp instead of main stat inorder to survive HT to   get a pendant, its not gonna  be worth it , the AP u  get from the pendant is +7 all stat, if egged its +22 all stat, so u can get +44 AP value, since its all stat, and most classes can use up to 2 stats, and  to get enough  hp as  a non warrior class u would need 5.8k before hb to survive one of the head's attacks, and touch from wings cuz ppl are  gonna fall off since we  dont have stance or shadow shifter or  smokescreen . inorder to get those 5.8k points  of hp as a lvl 180 hermit ur gonna need to reset 67-68 points which is less that the value of a pendant, and u cant even reset them back  from hp  after since the devs removed  that  option to disable washing.
(on avrg a 180 hermit would  have  4,320 hp , if every point is 20-24 hp, to get 5.8k ud need another 1,480 hp, which equals  to around 67-68 resets on avrg)
even at 200 ur gonna need 47-48 resets to get 5.8k hp.

delete this topic please , thanks

edit: horntail was never supposed to be beaten with 3rd job players

Edited by dugtrio
  • Like 1

Regardless of having power stance, shadow shifter, and smokescreen, those skills help but doesn't prevent you from falling into the wing. Without a doubt there are certain traps that horntail has that will 1 hit KO you if you don't have a lot of HP wash. An experience player will be cautious of those things. And of course it's not going to be easy. I don't think a lot of people would like the idea of sacrificing there stats for HP. And if HT ever was installed we may never see the day it gets defeated because getting to 150+ is pretty difficult.  Heck they might even get PTSD and not even want to fight it again. There is a video of this NL with 5.2k base hp + HB bossing HT. Maybe we'll get better HP gear like Zombie Army Rings in the future. 4 zombie army rings is +400hp in total.

Maplestory GMS Khaini Pros Vs Horntail [WATCH IN HIGH DEFINTION] - YouTube