Phoenix

buff hp gain per level // ft. no hp washing

NixMar

Hi,

First off i like to state that i'm a newbie when it comes to late game Maplestroy and that this is an idea i thought of by hearing what other people seem to be a problem.

After doing some searching I found some formulas of hp/mp gains per level foreach class. These numbers don’t change whether you are a first job warrior or a 3rd job white knight (or 4th job). 

public void levelUp() {
        ISkill improvingMaxHP = null;
        int improvingMaxHPLevel = 0;
        ISkill improvingMaxMP = SkillFactory.getSkill(2000001);
        int improvingMaxMPLevel = getSkillLevel(improvingMaxMP);
        remainingAp += 5;
        if (job == MapleJob.BEGINNER) {
            maxhp += rand(12, 16);
            maxmp += rand(10, 12);
        } else if (job.isA(MapleJob.WARRIOR)) {
            improvingMaxHP = SkillFactory.getSkill(1000001);
            improvingMaxHPLevel = getSkillLevel(improvingMaxHP);
            maxhp += rand(24, 28);
            maxmp += rand(4, 6);
        } else if (job.isA(MapleJob.MAGICIAN)) {
            maxhp += rand(10, 14);
            maxmp += rand(22, 24);
        } else if (job.isA(MapleJob.BOWMAN) || job.isA(MapleJob.THIEF) || job.isA(MapleJob.GM)) {
            maxhp += rand(20, 24);
            maxmp += rand(14, 16);
        } else if (job.isA(MapleJob.PIRATE)) {
            improvingMaxHP = SkillFactory.getSkill(5100000);
            improvingMaxHPLevel = getSkillLevel(improvingMaxHP);
            maxhp += rand(22, 28);
            maxmp += rand(18, 23);
        }
        if (improvingMaxHPLevel > 0) {
            maxhp += improvingMaxHP.getEffect(improvingMaxHPLevel).getX();
        }
        if (improvingMaxMPLevel > 0) {
            maxmp += improvingMaxMP.getEffect(improvingMaxMPLevel).getX();
        }
        maxmp += getTotalInt() / 10;

Here is the idea:

increase the hp gain per level after you reach a certain level like level 120+. this could be done by adding 4th job but without any skill or simply add a level check too see if u are high enough level to get bonus hp per level.

So instead of gaining ~22hp per level as a 3rd job thief, after doing 4th job change it so u would get for example 100hp per level. This allows better scaling for late game content.

Example: a level 150 hermit has ~3500 HP. with this buff we can make it so a level 150 Night Lord has for example ~5500 hp. At level 200 Night Lord the total hp would be around 10500. 

Of Course these numbers can/need to be changed to fit this version of the game and each class. 

This way solo bossing and grinding at higher level monsters would be possible without always needing Hyper Body.

This could be a solution for hp washing and future content to be added without them being heavily nerfed. 

Edited by NixMar
  • Like 1

I'm not really in any position to offer an opinion, but the high-levels haven't yet so... I think this is a reasonable solution to the horntail problem, and may offer a little bit to counter the stagnation that some people are worried about. As you suggested, the numbers should be adjused, I'd say just enough to allow squishier classes to handle horntail, while still giving warriors and mages extra padding so that they can comfortably afk anywhere I guess. 

Edit: After thinking about how it might feel in terms of "old school" etc etc, I'd say it might be preferable to turn this into a buff for HP gained from AP rather than HP gained from levels. This way, people who don't want the innate HP boost can just choose not to get it.

Edited by Fruit Shop Owner