Phoenix

Toggled language filter lol

Fruit Shop Owner

Finally, the time has come to make this suggestion! Though I was hoping it would never come to this. Didn't think Arnah was a pussy lol. 

So, since some people insist on getting their feelings hurt, I thought I'd point to a function that already existed in original MapleStory, but which was apparently disabled so as to have a reason to mute people, (which extends to buddy chat for some reason) - the word filter! This revolutionary function, when toggled, will allow people who so choose to not see foul language, thus allowing everyone to live in peace and harmony, both the horrible racist dregs of society who aid others unconditionally, and the angelic epitomes of goodness who wouldn't think twice about seeing another man's progress utterly demolished because they said a bad word. 

My suggestion is simple - since the problem seems to be with one word in particular, just put it and its derivatives into the in-game language filter and activate it, while removing the rest of the originally filtered words. An even better solution would be to do either this, or just keep the original filter, and create a player function that toggles it. There, everyone's happy, except the people who want to wipe out the othes who don't share the same ideologies as themselves. 

Edited by Fruit Shop Owner
  • Like 4

So I got an extended mute at the end of my initial mute after being unable to say anything in the first place. Arnah, if you're just screwing with me, just come out and say it. I know I'm kind of a thorn in your ass, but treating me like your plaything isn't admirable, especially when I'm trying to address this problem in a (mostly...) civil and constructive manner.