Phoenix

After a month or so here...

Lil'D

This maybe a bit rambly but hear me out.

I think you should make it a bit more clear for newer players joining the server what the rules are and should just be easier to access.
Maybe make a page on the website at the top called "Rules"  so players thinking of joining can give it a quick and easy read.

Anyways no heal exp, low map spawns/bad map spawns on some monsters (making harder to move around a bit to try and kill other mobs to gain exp almost as good as the 'best' maps and monsters)

I feel like the direction the server is heading in is something I do not wish to play. Trying to take away "multilogging" from players or putting harder restrictions on it? Why? Or the leaching of alts? What for? You pay leveling a toon up with time.

Taking away heal exp, what was that for? I hear some players were getting some 'crazy good' exp per hour just healing HP alts and some players felt it to be a bit unfair.

Okay cool but here is the thing you need to look at. How much money or time was spent(getting the money) to do this good exp per hour method  (aka helps stop inflation)

Exp per hour is a big deal in low rate servers but so is money per hour too. Both goes hand in hand. So a money burn is a good thing to keep meso in check IMO. so players leveling a cleric up fast by burning money on MP is fine in my books.

The bad spawns or low spawns on some maps point was. I will look for other monsters to kill just to try and keep the game fresh and the atmosphere new because I don't really like spending a long time killing the same monster doing the same thing so I go out and try to find something else to try out but still be some decent exp per hour or money per hour.

I checked out drakes at about level 50ish and the map was so bad, less than 15 monsters spawned on the old map I use to train on in GMS, why? Why do I have to go STD then at 55ish move on to FoG to get some really good exp. Why can't I just get some okay-ish exp on some less popular monsters

Or the red drakes map is freaking so bad, 13 monsters there! Why so few? WTF or the jr. cats ( jr. cellion jr. lioner jr. grupin) Back on GMS for sure I used to level on them at about lvl 30ish in the garden of 3 colors, they did not have such low spawns.
Or for my cleric I checked out The Z.Lupin map because back in GMS when I was lvling my cleric up I didn't even go to wraiths at the mid 40s I just stayed in the monkey forest map till I was about 55 for coolies

I am sorry for this big block of text I and just posting how I feel about the server as it is now.

But what was posted a few days ago about the rules changes and the anti leeching post made a few hours ago I felt like I should just give some feedback maybe and if you want to keep the idea of the anti leeching and no "multilogging" thing then maybe I will just move on and stop playing. I do not have a lot of time invested so it is not a big deal.

I agree with you about the low spawns. Mobs should spawn at least as well as GMS if not better IMO.

However about taking away heal exp... you just answered your own question.

4 hours ago, Lil'D said:

I hear some players were getting some 'crazy good' exp per hour just healing HP alts and some players felt it to be a bit unfair.

If this is true (and since I'm new I don't know if it is)... it's not just a little bit unfair, it's game-breakingly unfair.  Just healing your own alt mules and gaining crazy good exp?  That's insane. I've never heard of this happening in GMS, not sure why it's happening here but if it was, Arnah was absolutely correct in getting rid of it.

The fact that people have to spend more mesos on MP pots to spam-heal their own mules, doesn't matter.  When you buy leech from 4th job bishops in some other servers, you pay more mesos also. Doesn't mean that buying leech from bishops is any less stupid gameplay-wise, just because the person has to spend more meso.

With the initial nerf, i thought arnah would not touch heal exp any further.  Initially the nerf was that heal exp = maximum exp from one player out of the whole party.  I think this was an adequate fix.  Keep in mind with this fix, squids = 245k exp/hr and sharks = 315k exp/hr (you can do squids at 38 and sharks at like 40/41).  However, sharks required a lot of set-up.  Another thing is is that it costed a ton of mesos/hr.  Regarding sauna leeching, that was not a problem at all.  I had a lvl 40 HP mule and got 700k exp/hr (with lvl 20 hp mule = like 500k exp/hr).  This costed me a ton of money.  From lvl 50-70 i wasted 13m.  You can get like 600k xp/hr at coolies, and 500k exp/hr at wraiths at lvl 60 with HS + Haste, while simultaneously gaining a lot of meso.

There is already a rules section, granted it is at the very bottom of the page instead of the top. I think it should be in both places, as I typically look for rules and disclaimers at the bottom of a site, but obviously it doesn't get enough attention down there. As for the heal thing, it was completely unfair and a stupid way to play the game. No one can convince me that it should be close to, or even better experience to stand around the sauna and spam/remove hb than to hunt wraiths or some other mob (without the aid of an hs/haste mule) and the purported 13 mil isn't really very much anyway for someone who is at a third job level. Even if it did cost a good amount, the opportunity cost of mesos gained from advancing to level 81 rapidly will outweigh the opportunity cost of having to level manually from 40, otherwise it wouldn't have risen to prominence so fast. I will always argue against the mule meta, it just isn't healthy for the game, as can be observed by the scarcity of priest mains in recent times (top 20 players there is only 1 priest, and top 30 there is only 2, which anyone who played GMS knows is abnormal). Some people are of the opinion that since 1x is slow, that mules just make things better for convenience's sake ... if fast progression was a primary concern, I don't think we'd be playing a notoriously slow, grindy game at default rates.

I definitely agree that some of the lesser used maps could use a little nudge, not enough to change the meta maybe, but at least ... make it somewhat comparable? Especially since plenty of mobs have no attraction worth hunting for otherwise. I very much doubt it would be unhealthy for the game to make other maps at least semi competitive. I leveled at one of the kitten maps and it was pretty much just like GMS to my memory, except it was always just myself there, so no one was there to keep the spawn going, and having to climb ropes could make it seem slower.

• Like 1

Maybe making a cool down on heal exp or even just a cool down on receiving a heal from the heal spell could make the exp an hour gained more in line with what the server wants.

I am not sure how to make it less bull shit for poor players.

3 hours ago, Bellocringe said:

I leveled at one of the kitten maps and it was pretty much just like GMS to my memory, except it was always just myself there, so no one was there to keep the spawn going, and having to climb ropes could make it seem slower.

In GMS in 05 I was leveling on that map solo too it just had way more mobs. I felt like 50% more in my pulls.
After clearing top, bottom should have most of the monsters on the map  down there. You could easy get 20 or so of them but here I am lucky to get 10.

Shouldn't need to say this but that was over 15 years ago so maybe I am misremembering but from what I can recall playing the game back then was the map was much better.

The spawn should be exactly the same. I can't say the same for any other server online at the moment except maybe croosade v92? But even then they do custom changes just like us.

Some maps definitely do need some buffs though like stone golems.

I'll have to look for a better place to make sure people read the rules. I also still need to expand the "About" page and finish a custom changes thread I've let partially started for a few days now.

For heal exp you should definitely continue the main thread here 

• Like 3