Phoenix

Training in a party at low level

NixMar

Hi,

In this suggestion i like to address the hs mule and party exp. This is similar to Arnah’s suggestion with the +5%, where I voted for other.

For me playing or training in Maplestory is the most fun in a party. Right now if you don't have HS, playing in a party is usually bad/ worse than playing solo. In order to make the party play better/the same as solo you and your party member needs to kill equal amount of monsters. In this version the spawn rate is, in most maps, just too low to support this. As increasing the spawn rate won’t fix the hs mule problem i like to suggest the following idea:

Give lower level players an increased bonus party exp boots for each ACTIVE party member. In order the get this boots the following requirements should be met:

• The player needs to be below level 80. This, so priests with HS will still be needed later on. 

• This boost does NOT stack with HS.

• The exp boots that will be given will increase for each party member BUT will not be better then MAX HS even when 6 party members. In case someone has a HS mule. This chance shouldn't make HS mules useless but at the same time when a new player joins shouldn’t feel like that he/she needs to make an hs mule first.

I do understand that there are alot of people in this server who value the true 1x experience greatly but in my opinion this change does NOT change that as HS is available and the total exp rate won’t go over the current best exp rate available.

For people who still like to make an HS mule there is still a benefit to it, just not as much in the early levels of your main character.  

(i'm currently making an hs mule which is level 74 as i'm writing this)

Edited by NixMar

Strongly disagree.
Maplestory is a solo grind game early levels if you're not good enough to have hs mule. It was solo grind back then (2006) but party in ludi pq.
As an alternative there should be hs-buff item that can be a daily or weekly quest,(you would get to play your main instead of cleric mule) similar to what we have as in form of rage already.

i though maplestory is a social game. This change is so you can play you main and dont need to make a cleric mule. A hs-buff item doesnt realy let you party train and that is the point of suggestion.

i do appreciate the reply thou 

Edited by NixMar

On 1/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, Alucard said:

Strongly disagree.
Maplestory is a solo grind game early levels if you're not good enough to have hs mule. It was solo grind back then (2006) but party in ludi pq.
As an alternative there should be hs-buff item that can be a daily or weekly quest,(you would get to play your main instead of cleric mule) similar to what we have as in form of rage already.

I gave ur comment some more thought.

Maplestory is not a solo grind game early on. Why did nexon add henny pq? Also there is kpq. This seems like they wanted to bring people together.

It is sometimes hard to find a PQ group so if u are waiting for a group u can still party grind. If u dont like to PQ this change will hopefully bring ppl together. 

Not being good enough to make a priest mule??? Maplestory doesn't take skill but it does take alot of time. I can see why people who don't enjoy playing priest don't want to make one.

Adding a HS buff quest is probably not for the early levels unless u think to make it a level 10 quest. Also it is another big nerf  for priest mains.

I do think this change can bring in new players.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble giving an opinion in this thread, so I'm just going to give my simple opinion. I'm all for implementing this system as I want to interact with more people and only grind for a few hours for a few levels rather than 10 hours for the same amount.

(Also, there is little skill in the time spent grinding. Pointing to musicians who practice their butts off as my counter example. Hours and hours of grinding for something with a very high skill ceiling, which maplestory does not possess )

New Edit:

Eherm! I would like to retract the above statement and make a different argument using anecdote and other things besides.

First of all, I'd like to take a gander at describing the future pool of players for this server (me being one of them only a few days ago). In that pool of potential players, I believe that there is a sizeable chunk of players that really want to feel that sense of world exploration and character growth that earlier versions of Maplestory had. There are several components in the game that contribute to that, but the one that's most pertinent to this discussion is the grinding.

Grinding, as much as I may dislike it, is one of the cores of that nostalgic feeling. I, for one, can attest to grinding's importance as I immediately dropped another server after reaching level 20 in like 30-40 minutes. There's no sense of worth or accomplishment in getting levels like that so easily, meaning that some of the grinding aspects are good. However, and a big however, grinding, in excess, can be a detriment to the enjoyment of the game. I think it's okay to grind for a few hours for a level when you're at level 75, but I don't think it's okay to grind for for an hour for a single level when you're at level 15, and that leads me to another topic, Maplestory's pay-to-win model. We already should know about this topic, so in short, in order to get players to fork out money, the designers purposely make leveling in the game extremely slow so that they can sell exp doublers. This pay-to-win aspect of vanilla Maplestory is not very fun, evident from this server's emphasize on banning pay-to-win items and with some probable changes. However, as I'm sitting at level 19 grinding my butt away as a new player, I can clearly see that those unenjoyable, frustrating systems are still in play.

...So, in essence, Maplestory was, in terms of progression, made purposely unbalanced, and the game is both better and worse for it. However, just because the game was made unbalanced in the first place doesn't mean we can't make changes that simultaneously preserves the nostalgia of the game and dampen the parts that make the game less enjoyable, and perhaps we can even improve upon those feelings.

So yeh to the party mechanic, and it doesn't hugely impact the people who prefer to go solo.

Edited by Parrotier