Phoenix

Smol Quality of Life Improvements

DannyAmeri

Commands for ;

1. Kill counts of the mobs you have been killing to keep track? (Can somehow be done manually too but as what the title says, QOL improvements)

2. EPH (I know this been suggested before and of course it can be done manually but, come on naw, its 2021.) 

3. Roll (This also has been suggested before

4. DPS? Maybe?

Edited by DannyAmeri
Kill counts has been added! Thanks @Arnah
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 12:55 AM, DannyAmeri said:

3. Roll (This also has been suggested before

Wont be happening until nexon implements macros with the text option. Not interested in doing a client edit for a roll command, Guess I could do some other special message type.

Also interested in @Kradia's opinion for DPS specifically but I'll take one for EPH too since he gave me his opinion for the kill tracker.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arnah said:

Wont be happening until nexon implements macros with the text option. Not interested in doing a client edit for a roll command, Guess I could do some other special message type.

Also interested in @Kradia's opinion for DPS specifically but I'll take one for EPH too since he gave me his opinion for the kill tracker.

POGU ARNAH

I didn't state my opinion on these suggestions because it's going to be a very unpopular opinion. Players think these ideas are "nice to have", but these ideas do more bad than good for the players in terms of motivation. 

If players have access to this type of information they are more likely to feel discouraged if x player doesn't get y item before the average amount of kills expected for a certain item to drop. This is the trend we now see with people who have been hunting specific weapons.

12 hours ago, Arnah said:

For DPS, it will basically do the same thing. It will just make it even more obvious how imbalanced the classes are in comparison to each other. If an Archer compares himself with a Hermit with the same level and equally scrolled gear, the Archer will very likely feel discouraged. Archer/Hermit is just one example of many.

EPH is a little iffy, because all classes excel in different states of the game. Things like what class you play, map you're in, HP/EXP ratio on mobs, KB damage on mobs and much more, are all determining factors. I think it's highly unnecessary as it promotes the min-maxing mindset, which can potentially be bad for the game. This is what we see now, with new content replacing previous content. And even if there is one single item to go back for, in a map that used to be popular, but now dead, it's very unlikely for the players to go there unless more incentive is added to the older maps.

In more simple words, players will always choose EXP maps over items, unless it's very specific items (usually weapons). If a specific item requires too much effort, they will just skip that item and get the second best option. Encouraging players to check their EPH will promote that min-maxing mindset. This mindset doesn't need to be promoted further.

+1 for /roll, it's kinda cool

11 hours ago, Kradia said:

EPH is a little iffy, because all classes excel in different states of the game. Things like what class you play, map you're in, HP/EXP ratio on mobs, KB damage on mobs and much more, are all determining factors. I think it's highly unnecessary as it promotes the min-maxing mindset, which can potentially be bad for the game. This is what we see now, with new content replacing previous content. And even if there is one single item to go back for, in a map that used to be popular, but now dead, it's very unlikely for the players to go there unless more incentive is added to the older maps.

Shouldn't we still have it because most of us would still manually calculate it? (maybe have it as an option/command?)

I'm indifferent with knowing kill counts on mobs. I can however see it being discouraging to some people when seeing your lack of RNG, or comparing with others. 

I don't think DPS should be implemented. It brings out the glaring flaws that the game already has with balancing issues and makes them more apparent than they already are.

I could care less about EHP, it's already calculable and the information is already there if you want it.

Roll is a cool concept but Arnah already addressed this.

15 hours ago, DannyAmeri said:

Shouldn't we still have it because most of us would still manually calculate it? (maybe have it as an option/command?)

A lot of people definitely calculate it on their own including myself. But there are some out there who don't. Adding a tool would be encouraging this min-maxing mindset and it can take away a lot from the game. We need players with a casual mindset, otherwise we will lack players who go out of their way to farm items that are usually not in the best exp maps. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kradia said:

A lot of people definitely calculate it on their own including myself. But there are some out there who don't. Adding a tool would be encouraging this min-maxing mindset and it can take away a lot from the game. We need players with a casual mindset, otherwise we will lack players who go out of their way to farm items that are usually not in the best exp maps. I hope that makes sense.

Make sense. 😞