Phoenix

Add a Monster Book with a Kill Tracker and Drop Rates

days

With the new addition of the monster kill tracker using "@stats" I think now is a more perfect time then ever to begin implementing a monster book. Integrating the kill counter in the book would be a really nice touch as using the "@stats" command can be clunky if you don't remember the exact name of the mob, or the monster's ID. 

Along with the kill tracker, adding proper mob drop rates into the monster book would be a great way to get accurate information. This is especially important for phoenix as some mob drop rates have been changed from the standard GMS/BMS rates. 

Finally, the rankings could also be updated to show a players monster book total. 

• Like 9

While monster book is nice I have no plans to backport content we will likely get normally. Adding kill count to it is a decent idea assuming its not too weird with having to be grabbed each mob you click and have a slight delay for displaying.

My stance on releasing droprates also has not changed at all, which is a no.

23 minutes ago, Arnah said:

While monster book is nice I have no plans to backport content we will likely get normally. Adding kill count to it is a decent idea assuming its not too weird with having to be grabbed each mob you click and have a slight delay for displaying.

My stance on releasing droprates also has not changed at all, which is a no.

IMO the slight delay would be worth the convenience, and it would be a nice way to implement the stats from being a tacked on command, to feeling like they are part of the game.