Phoenix

Improving mobility in Deep Ludibrium

opman

1028778802_pathoftime2.png.8ea87988d7eed1bfaca98272d4dec54a.png

This thread is aimed at targeting mobility on large scale maps in specific areas of Deep Ludibrium for the encouragement of party plays.
Here, I'm presenting a change/improvement in Quality of Life and more tests will be needed if this change is implemented with hopes to further tweak the exp/hp ratio appropriately (if necessary) to suit it's comparable alternative training maps.

Maps excluded: unbalanced time, lost time, warped path of time 4 (and onwards), forbidden time.

With the large map layout, rebuffing is often one of the key issues. Some maps and not all allow for easy rebuff access.
- The easier ones: when changing channel or entering/exiting the cash shop would spawn them at the top or a certain fixed location. (example: unbalanced time)
- The harder ones: when changing channel or entering/exiting the cash shop would spawn them at the same location or random location.

As Buffs usually last a period of 2-3 mins and it is not justifiable, feasible or pragmatic to consider large party plays when comparing against alternative training maps that facilitates it. Yes we can increase spawns per active player in map or introduce an exchange system (should be leafre exclusive only imo, since leafre is known for it's etc exchange for discounts off seed and it's alienating for ludi to have it) but that is just one of the many equation to the ludibrium map layout problem as I myself would feel negatively put off in grinding in deep ludibrium due to it's massive size, let alone wasting more than usual time to gather for rebuff and walking back to respective grind spot. Below are various ways we can approach in tackling and encouraging party plays and at the same time allow players to experience the travel mechanics of the map.

Some suggestions:
1) Reuse the existing iconic landmarks (clocks or similar to Henesys) in the map into a 2 way portal to the top or middle lane.

317096880_ludiclock.png.a64ed9a31b67ec3b51e37c8fe4d727a5.png 

*usually can only be found at bottom corners of map, so it's not as broken as compared to having it in the middle.

2) If there aren't enough iconic landmarks in (1), add 2 way portals (similar to Kerning City, above KPQ npc in future ver) that light up as you approach them.

824894889_teleporterscorner.thumb.png.9ec5e3ce75e51bdf03aa7ea40b8c8b52.png

*Located at the corner of the map, still encourages players to actively traverse the map for rebuffs.

3) When changing channel or entering/exiting the cash shop, spawn players at the top or a certain fixed location in the map.

Some maps and examples (on how to improve Accessibility to better the eph):
Forbidden time:
1764944392_forbiddentime.png.b7beac520779eccaffead108d746e39b.png

Since the existing respawn point (star icon) exists, we could add 4 portals (1/2/3/4) that each leads to and fro to each corner (green circles) from the Respawn point. One unique take on this is how it would benefit at least a 4-6 man party and less over powered for a less than 4 party play. Such example for a DK and Heal pairing up for lanes 1/3/4 and a 3rd party member at the bottom,
Clockwise rotation: upon utilizing portal 1 >> kills mob >> climb up/portal 1 to 3>> kills mob >> drop to 4 >> kills mob >> walk to 2 >> kills mob + rebuff btm 3rd person >> portal 2 to 1. (repeat) 

*again, this is clearly meant to be a standalone mobility thread, does not take into consideration other suggested buffs to any mob spawn as currently there's no confirmation for any sort.

Your feedback/suggestions are most welcomed.

Edited by opman
  • Like 2

This is a really good suggestion and it's something I wanted to suggest a while back. Unfortunately, I know Arnah doesn't have an easy way to add custom changes to wz files, especially because files are updated every patch.

I think this was done in the official game at later versions but I could be wrong. Unity took that as inspiration and added the portals and it was definitely one of the best changes they had done. Legends recently got this too.

Since we're talking mobility in Ludibrium, I think it's good to mention jumpdown. Jumpdown alone would do so much for the immobile classes in general and not just Ludi. Unfortunately, I think a big portion of players and Arnah aren't fans of jumpdown.

Teleporters combined with jumpdown would do so much to these kinds of maps. Adding a few scrolls or other items to these completely abandoned maps would incentivise players to play more in Ludi.

Edited by Kradia