Phoenix

Increesing party exp bonus with active priest

RickSenchez

Hey,

i wanted to suggest that party bonus exp will be buffed if there is an active priest in the party.

the reason behind that is that priests support the party for the cost of less dmg and overall killing, in big parties the supported players benefit but other dont so its not viable to do more then duo\trio with priests.. i think if that suggesting will be implemented so it will encorage big party plays and ofc maining priest. 😃

we tested exp for 6 man party in dragon forest - and i got decent exp from just healing and supporting warriors but the other attackers didnt benefit as much as they would if i was an attacker so its better for them to have HS mule on the rope.. i think with this new buff to party exp 6man parties in deep leafre can be meta

thanks to anti-leech we can detect if priests are active or not.
maybe it will be broken in lower levels like in coolies so there can be a min level required for that buff. lets say 70+ or even 85+

Edited by RickSenchez
  • Like 3

I think this is a really good idea to make it more appealing to choose an active priest over any other class.

A while ago, I suggested something exactly like this. You can find it here:

Basically, I think that the priest that specifically casted HS on their party members should allow for the bonus party EXP to scale slightly more than adding any other class. This could be implemented through the HS entirely and would fall in line with the design of HS.

• Every individual player added to the party should add a substantial amount of bonus party EXP.
  • Adding a priest to the party increases the bonus party EXP per player to something like X+2% per player, where X is the regular percentage without a priest in party.

If we assume the numbers which were given for the event at 26th of April 2021:

6 Active Party Members will receive 150% Bonus (7.5%)

With a priest active in the map where their party members are:
6 Active Party Members will receive 9.5% bonus party EXP (per player)

X would in this case be 7.5% and with +2% added on top because the priest is in the party, which results in 9.5% per player.

Although, side note. I do think the bonus has to be even higher for 4 and 5-man by default (pre-HS).

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

i think that party overall level range should be close to each other (somewhere around 15-20 levels) for the buff to activate is a good addition to make it less abuseable.

also its possiable to add another restriction for the mobs to be somewhere around the priest level so that priests wont sell their HS for low level big parties (in fog for example) 

Edited by RickSenchez