Phoenix

Adjusting Papulatus and Pianus Item Drop Rates

Kradia

Since the release of Leafre, level 90 weapons have become much more common.

With this in mind, I think it would be the perfect time to adjust the drop rates of Papulatus and Pianus to be on par, or better than regular mob drop rates. You can only kill so few bosses daily. You can kill Papulatus twice a day and Pianus depends on a spawn timer.

To demonstrate, assuming Phoenix is using a vanilla BMS-like drop table, this is currently the Papulatus drop rates:

image.png.575eb5ae6fdc5ea95211d482b7b72620.png

To compare, I chose to search for Varkit and Casa Crow from mob drops:

image.png.b8056ee6e00ab00ba46c4fec3da544db.png

Right now, if you want to hunt weapons, you go and grind Leafre mobs. I think it would be cool if bosses like Papulatus and Pianus were even more rewarding and became a viable option to hunt weapons.

What I'm proposing is for all items across the board to get buffed drop rates. Personally, I'd love to see weapons get a 4% (1/25) drop chance, like the armor drops currently have. Scrolls could have a 2% (1/50) chance and armor could be slighly be buffed to 5% (1/20).

This might seem like a huge buff and it is. But you gotta take into consideration that Papulatus has a 2 limit entry per day. You can kill a total of 6 Pianus per day. If you keep this in mind and then look at the numbers, you'd have to kill a lot of Papulatus/Pianus on average, to get your desired drop.

This is something that should be done across all of the game over time, like making Lycans, Gate Keepers, Anego or <insert-mob-name-here> somewhat viable. But we gotta begin somewhere.

The goal with this topic is for bosses to actually matter and be a viable source for hunting valuable items, but I understand that some people might think differently. Please share your thoughts.

Edited by Kradia

I feel the release of Leafre was way way wayyy too soon. I agree with you. Papulatus has no merits except for pots (like dews) and high leveled weapons but since the release of NLC and Leafre, Papulatus just became lacking. Sure you can run for the exp and for the good times with friends but that's about it.  

I believe we should raise the drop rate and limit the runs you can do per day. Bossing is a big part of maple and we should make every single one matter. 

Edited by Richard