Phoenix

FA tweaks

opman

383595168_poleFA.png.4dceb59e14e06d0bb7a2a52729103bc7.png

Enable FA to be able to KB and double KB even if target is already in kb animation (regardless of weapon att speed and booster) or did not get kb-ed, if damage dealt is on or above the required knock back on monsters and bosses.

As we know, almost every monster has a Knock Back rate (KB), as such any damage dealt on or above this KB rate would most certainly work. However, this is not the case for Final Attack (FA) skills and this would in turn affect WK and Saders in their late game as they've already a very short horizontal attack range. By aligning the monster's KB rate along with the actual damage output and allowing a monster currently in KB animation to be KB again would assist in placing some form of controlled gap between player and monster. This may well present as a more than feasible QOL upgrade or description fix according to the skill description and mechanics.

By not being able to continuously KB while grinding, even after hitting on or above the threshold, it'd be a most definite damage taken by the monster approaching closer to the warriors.

Credit's to my fellow warrior mates, for the discussion.

Edited by opman
  • Like 1

Knock back does work with FA but the second hit comes in before KB the mob is able to be knocked back again, if FA hits a mob not previously hit it can be knocked back and you can even double knock back with a slow enough weapon(normal speed and under without booster).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crimson said:

Knock back does work with FA but the second hit comes in before KB the mob is able to be knocked back again, if FA hits a mob not previously hit it can be knocked back and you can even double knock back with a slow enough weapon(normal speed and under without booster).

I don't know any 1 who use slow / normal wep without a booster.

I think WK/SADERS biggest problem is high hp comsuning, so knock back with FA could be really helpfull.

I'm lvl 101 and i'm stuck ad DGP cuase any where else im losing mesos.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea, changing FA is definitely a great way to make White Knights more rewarding. I personally do not like the randomness of final attack and have an own idea of a change making it only trigger after the second power strike/slash blast. The point being that it would allow me to practice consistently timing a charged blow (stun) right before a monster magic attacks, adding more thought to the gameplay. This would however lower our damage output on single target frozen mobs and bosses and our damage would have to be slightly buffed to avoid this becoming a nerf. 

Allowing FA to trigger another knockback could also make it possible for me to use charged blow more consistently. 

Would love the hear a Crusaders opinion on this.

Edited by White
Misinterpreted op post