Phoenix

Monster Carnival & Ludi Party Quest

Reaper

The purpose of this thread is to shine light on MCPQ and LudiPQ experience rewards being respective to a level group rather than one PQ being less rewarding or more rewarding than the other. 

I recognize that MCPQ is one of those PQ's that outshines LudiPQ, which is why it needed a rework. The adjustment requirement is justified, however the method of achieving an 'A' rank should be addressed. As is, a winning team of two players needs to achieve 80 carnival points(CP) with 40 points coming from each of the two members. Any less than 40 CP will result in a 'B' rank or lower. The losing team needs to achieve at least 20 CP for the winning team to receive the full amount of EXP from the 'A' rank, and from my experience thus far, the max EXP received from an 'A' rank win with this method is 16,200 EXP. 

Each PQ takes 10 minutes to complete. Considering two teams are trading wins, this will result in roughly 19k exp every 20 minutes. 

The issue I am having is that there is little incentive to killing monsters during the PQ. The members get to 80 CP and then go afk or watch youtube videos until the next round. 

Also, this PQ is quite confusing because newer players don't know how to achieve the proper amount of EXP reward, and don't understand that killing too many monsters somehow results in less exp. My first round of MCPQ, I received a 'B' rank with over 40 CP contribution to the team, and the team total was over 160 CP. I was rewarded with 5k exp.

My suggestion is this: Make MCPQ a more understandable and viable PQ for players level 30-40, and make Ludi PQ a more viable PQ for players level 40-51.

I am sure that there is an 'S' rank reward for MCPQ, but for simplicity's sake, the total and only ranks could be 'A', 'B', and 'C'. Each yielding an exp reward respective to their rank. Allow for monsters to reward exp, but HALF of the original values of the PQ. Ex. Brown teddy bear: 30 instead of 60. This will return incentive to killing monsters but not to the point that it will overshadow Ludi PQ.

As a level 31 Ice lightning partied up with a level 35 Cleric, the highest CP we could achieve was 162 CP in 10 minutes. We both had died several times, and we could not request summons due to lack of damage output in rooms 1&2. Magician is also considered to be the strongest class in the early 30's because assassin does not have critical throw maxed until 40, Bandit is down bad during levels 30-40, warrior is desperate for Mastery for the accuracy/ couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, & archer is too busy running a marathon to actually get a kill. Point being, nobody is going to be getting high CP until around level 37-38. 

With this in mind, the values could be set as such:

---FOR A WIN---

Rank A - PARTY CP requirement: 400+, EXP yield: 17,000 (To achieve 400 CP, monsters will likely need to be summoned.

Rank B - PARTY CP requirement: 250+, EXP yield: 13,000

Rank C - PARTY CP requirement: 150+, EXP yield: 10,000

---FOR A LOSS---

Rank A - PARTY CP requirement: 350+, EXP yield: 3,000

Rank B - PARTY CP requirement: 200+, EXP yield: 2,000

Rank C - PARTY CP requirement: 100+, EXP yield: 1,500

With these values, considering two parties are trading wins and receiving A rank rewards, the EXP reward will be 20,000 every 20 minutes. Depending on how many monsters are killed, the total exp per person would be closer to 25k - 30k in 20 minutes(2 PQ's) unless they are just some kind of funded god, one-shotting everything.

With Ludi PQ, the total exp yield of the entire PQ is around 20-30k. Instead of this formula, the exp value could be changed to be more viable for levels 40-51 and less viable during the levels 35-40.

for levels 35-40, the total can stay as is, but for characters that are level 40-45 the value could be set to 35k total and for levels 45-50 the values could be set to 40k total. That might be a little bit of a stretch, but as most people know, the later levels of LPQ become a bitter hell, but outside of LPQ these are deemed to be 'hell levels' because nobody has their second job skills maxed enough to train on viable monsters.

Let's face it, people are going to PQ from levels 21-51. KPQ, MCPQ, and LudiPQ. However, all three of these PQ's should have a respectable level gap.

KPQ 21-30-> MCPQ 30-40 -> LPQ 40-50

At level 51, people are set up enough within their job skills to grind the grind. 

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

CPQ needs to changed more back to it original form.

i think making it for level 30(or 31) to 40 only is good.

make it a grind pq again. meaning the monster in the PQ give exp (like GMS had it!) this way you grind the full 10 min and not waste 8 or them waiting.

the losing team shouldnt impact the exp of the winning team. If monster give exp in the pq u want the other team to spawn more monster anyway so they cant afk or it would be bad.

making the level range only 30-40 allows CPQ to be the best exp (like it used to be) but just for a short period and not overshadowing LPQ. 40+ is also a good level to start LPQ (35 ur usely too weak)

i think exp wise it should be original GMS. make it for levels 30(31?)-40(42?) only make the coins a reward at the end of it.

(maybe remove the weapon trade in. cpq coins are then only for the neckless)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NixMar said:

making the level range only 30-40 allows CPQ to be the best exp (like it used to be) but just for a short period and not overshadowing LPQ. 40+ is also a good level to start LPQ (35 ur usely too weak)

Agree with this. This is also exactly what I said in the previous CPQ discussion thread:

Quote:

On 3/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, Kradia said:

Another way to handle this is lowering the CPQ level range from 30-50 down to 30-40. This way, the PQ could be kept mostly unchanged? The coin rewards would have to be higher to compensate for the fact, that you now have 10 levels less to farm coins. Maybe the mobs would need their avoid lowered.

What this proposed change would do, is that CPQ would act as another stepping stone. It would no longer directly compete with LPQ. This would actually help players get to a higher level for LPQ, to be able to contribute with killing Alishar. 

I don't know what the EXP is like in comparison to grinding, but I think most would agree that a PQ should be some sort of "supplement". Actual effort and grinding should be better than party quests.

49 minutes ago, Kradia said:

I don't know what the EXP is like in comparison to grinding, but I think most would agree that a PQ should be some sort of "supplement". Actual effort and grinding should be better than party quests.

somewhat agree. cpq is a grind pq, u just kill mobs. having it as a pq for low levels makes it so u dont need HS to not lose exp and can easy do 6 man

right now the mobs dont give exp. right now ur just waiting for the round to end and get free exp as a reward. chaning it back to original gms the monster give exp but you also get reward exp at the end. 

cpq is a great way to party grind without HS (since ur low level and prob dont have it). the lost exp for party split is regained as reward exp at the end or thats how i see it. the original rank A exp is 30k for a win 10k for a lose ( but is 500cp+).

if it for level 30-40 i think its nice if you can rush throu those levels to get better settled in to your 2nd job. also if the only end reward is the pendant u dont really need to worry about meso gains

Edited by NixMar

just have the monster give EXP. that way the winning team will keep killing and getting CP. the futher apart you are from the losing team the less reward exp you get. right now it is very easy to just use mules and get rank A playing both sides. if the monster give exp u wanna keep farming them and get more CP and thus the losing team needs to keep farming aswell or the reward exp is going to be less.

it will be hard to play both sides and  get alot of CP