Phoenix

Ironman btw

Bellocringe

Post progress on your ironman characters here, or share tips, advice or request help.

I've just gotten started on mine, named Plague, who is currently a level 8 magician with the 4 slot and ironman restrictions on. So far not much different from a regular unfunded character I guess.

• Thanks 1

So, I found out a few days ago that the v-day quest that helps noobs out with 800 exp boosts and gives fame isn't possible with 4 slots. I think I'll have to very carefully consider how and when to do certain quests, or if they are even possible, before wasting time collecting stuff. This extends to the rewards, too, of course, as most scrolls are going to be completely worthless, and the useful ones have to get used up fast to free up precious inventory space. Still only level 23, so it's not too bad yet, but I could see this being pretty torturous by 40s-50s.

• Haha 1

I currently have every restriction on + VI Only cause i probably won't ever need to leave VI anyways lol. I'm also keeping my completed quests tab empty since some of them will be impossible to complete with 4 slots, half exp is by far the worst part and makes level 15 feel like level 40 (although I still find it fun since i'm a huge masochist ._.). It might be a given, but I recommend warrior for ironman (especially hardcore) as they don't need to rely on mp pots for quite a while and get tons of hp + def. I tried mage before restrictions came out and died twice before lvl 20 :p.

As for 4 slots, i can see thieves and bowman being a problem since they need space for throwing stars. another reason to choose warrior lol. I normally keep 3 spaces for the ores I need (for gloves mainly) and 1 for red envelopes. although you should always pick up everything you can when you first start out. the red envelopes kinda make picking up mob drops pointless later on.

speaking of red envelopes. It's gonna suck when they go away. I've gotten over a mil just from those alone. So if anyone's thinking about starting an ironman, now's probably a good time 😛

ign: NutsOfSteel

Edited by ed58
  • Like 1