Phoenix

buff Ludibrium Cape

NixMar

the Ludibrium Cape compared to the Red Musketeer Cape is just bad.

in the recent trends of balance changes this dont make sense because the Ludi cape is higher level and higher level equips should be better.

the Red Musketeer Cape got +300 stats and the Ludi cape a random +1-2? stat. taking scroll rng into account its not impossible to get more str/dex/int/luk stat on a Red Musketeer Cape then a Ludi cape.

my suggestion is to make a more clear difference between them, where the Red Musketeer Cape is a tank option (hp/def) and the Ludi cape a glass cannon option.

here are some changes for the Ludi cape i can think of.

option 1:
+1 weapon att, +2 Magic att (0 or 5 slots)

option 2 close to dep star:
str/dex/int/luk +5, 10acc 10 avoid or 10-30 w def / m def (just a little def) (5-7 slots)

option 3 more slots:
str/dex/int/luk +5, 7 slots

option 4:
have an expire date on it for like 1-4 week so ppl will kill more paps.
+1 weapon att, +2 Magic att, str/dex/int/luk +5, 10acc 10 avoid or 10-30 w def / m def (just a little def) (0-5 slots)

note
if the little defense doesn't fit the glass canon option i would say add more stats/upgrade slots (7)

randomized stats could be 4-6 on all stats ( so -1, avg, +1) with exception of weapon att ( dont think that should be +2 just 0-1 if that get randomized)

reasons for the options:

+5all stat to make it better than a lv65 goblin cape ( still not repeatable F5)

7 slots cus lv 100 (not all options get 7 slots!).

if you have other ideas please share!

Edited by NixMar
  • Like 1

The power of the cape wouldnt go away that easily probably, considering +300 HP is really desireable at higher level, you can add points in your secondary stats to compensate and it would be worth because at least you can swap those, but there's no way to get that +hp from anywhere else

I feel the issue lies in how gearing works, people wont get hp helm when you can use zhelm, and for example earrings hp dont feel that much worth (and you have to spend money while that cape is unscrolled +HP), and thats why in other servers that require HP and dont have wash anymore, add those stats from rings mostly, because its the least affected slot

I dont know how one could get buffed without making the other outdated.... unless the +hp was higher (???) to make it more niche, and the other stronger in terms of dps for when the +hp is not needed, but I dont know enough to know in how many situations you would need that gear to make it in a somewhat balanced state, and a sick +att cape would just be a fake PaC wouldnt it? 

the point of the ludi cape buff is to make them both viable. right now ppl only use the pianus cape

the pianus cape is a more tank/ survive option where the ludi cape is more dps option

so 1 should not replace the other. 

Edited by NixMar

Hi NixMar,
I see the logical of your opnion, also in our version were Pink Adventure Cape's  (PAC), which we dont have here.
In addition 300 hp is much better than 2 stats (for most players in phoenix - Like you sayed)

So in my opnion the closest option to PAC is the best logical and fear (with consider mages also), I will choose option 1 with 5 slots.

Thx NixMar, for really good idea.

• Like 1

I agree that both capes need tweaking.

What I would suggest is for capes (and earrings) to get the same treatment gloves and shoes had. More slots the higher tier the item is.
The Red Musketeer Cape is level 95. It could have 6 slots because it belongs to the 80/90 tier set.
The Ludibrium Cape is level 100. It could have 7 slots because it belongs to the level 100+ tier set. Because the Musk Cape is so good, the stats on the Ludi Cape could also be increased to a maximum 3 stat value instead of 2.

I don't think the difference in effectiveness of these capes is as big as the majority makes it out to be. Ideally, we would alternate on using the capes depending on what we are doing. Are we trying to survive a boss? Are we trying to maximize DPS? That's the point of a defensive item and an offensive item. The Musk Cape is just very effective at "lower levels", especially for grinding until you reach very high levels, before the Ludi Cape is worth using. But eventually, it is worth swapping to for most classes.

I'm surprised so many people want weapon/magic attack on items like capes and other equips. This is purely my opinion but those stats do not belong on armor. Those stats should only be for weapons, projectile items and gloves. If we are looking to get more weapon/magic attack, I would prefer having higher level weapons added to the game instead. Level 120, 130, 140, 150 item sets and up. All those item sets could be custom adjusted to follow Nexon's item design pattern pre big bang. That's very easy to do and it would feel as natural way of item progression.

1 hour ago, Kradia said:

What I would suggest is for capes (and earrings) to get the same treatment gloves and shoes had. More slots the higher tier the item is.
The Red Musketeer Cape is level 95. It could have 6 slots because it belongs to the 80/90 tier set.
The Ludibrium Cape is level 100. It could have 7 slots because it belongs to the level 100+ tier set. Because the Musk Cape is so good, the stats on the Ludi Cape could also be increased to a maximum 3 stat value instead of 2.

I don't think the difference in effectiveness of these capes is as big as the majority makes it out to be. Ideally, we would alternate on using the capes depending on what we are doing. Are we trying to survive a boss? Are we trying to maximize DPS? That's the point of a defensive item and an offensive item. The Musk Cape is just very effective at "lower levels", especially for grinding until you reach very high levels, before the Ludi Cape is worth using. But eventually, it is worth swapping to for most classes.

I'm surprised so many people want weapon/magic attack on items like capes and other equips. This is purely my opinion but those stats do not belong on armor. Those stats should only be for weapons, projectile items and gloves. If we are looking to get more weapon/magic attack, I would prefer having higher level weapons added to the game instead. Level 120, 130, 140, 150 item sets and up. All those item sets could be custom adjusted to follow Nexon's item design pattern pre big bang. That's very easy to do and it would feel as natural way of item progression.

Amm didnt thought about like that, that make sence.

13 hours ago, Kradia said:

i can agree for the most part. i just dont think a 3 stat cape is enough to beat the red musketeer cape (especially if it gets 6 slots). Of course it does late late game like you said but being rewarded to wear the ludi cape at the strongest monsters isnt a bad thing.

i prefer option 2 and 3 but i would like to see a minimum of 2-3 all stat. so its not 0str 2dex 3int 0luk but 2str 2dex 5int 3luk or something random but it has all stats. maybe 2-4 stats, 7 slots and some defense with it would be fine.

ps. i forgot about the other post if this needs to merged with that that be cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...