Phoenix

Thoughts on Pirates?

manfroy

Although still very fresh(about a week has passed as of this original post) I feel like there are still plenty of ways that people feel about pirates in their unmodified state.

So what do people think about the last explorer class?

Some of my own thoughts: Both outlaw and maurader can do just fine, but i feel its their 1st and 2nd jobs that need quite a bit of help, especially Gunslingers.

It makes no goddamn sense that somersault kick is faster for a gunslinger until they are almost level 50, and let's not even get into what their damage would be normally, especially cause the 20 att hat inflates their damage

Obviously I have more things to say about early game pirates(and gunslingers) but I want to see what others think.

Although the way their endgame here will shape is something that remains to be seen, I still think there is room for a healthy amount of discussion.

Outlaw is actually quite bad in third job, its literally a worse version of hermit.  Marauder i think is pretty good, especially with their stun mastery in third job, and the fact that they are basically the only class in this server with a mob/boss control skill (corkscrew / backspin).

• 1 month later...

Gun 1st and 2nd job is horrible. Outlaw seems pretty wild during their 3rd job however. Probably one of the best classes once they get going.

Marauder on the other hand has a solid 1st and 2nd job. I haven't seen much of their 3rd job yet but I imagine it's lacking until their 3rd job skills get fixed with Transformation.

It's been a while since they were released now and it's a shame seeing how much more popular ranged is compared to melee.