Phoenix

Anvil system

Kradia

One thing I miss most about Maple is seeing people walking around with gear that people nowadays usually don't really use, because the game has been figured out by now.

It is very rare seeing a thief rocking a full level 50 set of equipment. The majority of people have learned to min-max and build more efficiently to get as much out of their stats as possible.

.. Which is why I would like to suggest the anvil system!

Just like in the official game, make it possible to transfer stats over on another item. Or make it possible to turn an item into a purely cosmetic item, removing all its stats. This would also allow the players to have quite a lot more customization, which makes things interesting. You could even put a fee to an NPC selling this service and maybe make it a small meso sink or something.

Think about it. Instead of having everyone wear ugly ass DeXlEsS gear or whatever, you could be seeing a lot more diversity. I could rock a Dark Pilfer over a Zakum Helmet in the future!

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:31 PM, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW said:

interesting but not a fan as it doesnt feel "nostalgic" (to me)

Neither is Ironman and all these other restriction things recently added so we're clearly not going 100% GMS-like. 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2020 at 3:06 AM, Kradia said:

Think about it. Instead of having everyone wear ugly ass DeXlEsS gear or whatever, you could be seeing a lot more diversity. I could rock a Dark Pilfer over a Zakum Helmet in the future!

im totally for it. if this doesnt happen, how about nx equips that look like dark pilfer instead?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been thinking over this further for the past bit and I'm declining adding such a feature. While it can be nice to expand the potential pool of looks I see a large lack of creativity and uniqueness that you would think this adds. Cash equips(+ no cash equips) seems to do the job just fine.