Phoenix

CWK Exchange Adjustments

Kradia

At this moment, CWK exchange is an afterthought. Only a handful of people bother with it because of its absurd drop rates for badges. I think it's pretty obvious it's an issue if it takes me, on a level 18X character roughly 10 hours to hunt 50 badges just to do a single daily exchange. What is even the point of limiting it to once per day, if it takes a super high level character 10 hours to get all the badges?

Instead, it would be nice if everybody could hunt badges at a good 1-2 hour pace for a daily exchange. Including the players that are a similar level of that area.

This of course means that the exchange itself should be adjusted so the good items are now way more difficult to get.

Edited by Kradia

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The badge drop rates were buffed somewhat recently, but from my own experience and from hearing other people's opinions, it's not even, or barely noticeable. 

Please consider doubling the current drop rate and decrease the meso rewards. Additionally, the exchange would be a great option to place dark scrolls in, instead of having the the current scrolls that are in. The scrolls are mainly 60% weapon scrolls, but I think it would be a great place to put 30% and 70% weapon scrolls. 30% weapon scrolls would be appropriate given the difficulty of hunting 50 badges.

Edited by Kradia

Replacing the 60%s with dark scrolls was a potential plan.

Also just to make it clear in this thread instead of in other places, the daily exchange limit isn't relevant at all and only exists cause I copied it when originally implementing.

Adding the ITCG items to exchange just for them to craft level 40 helmets was funny but sad to see these items already being very rare should serve purpose. id suggest either enabling the good stuff these items craft or just removing them from the exchange as a whole.  These items just dilute the already hard and non rewarding exchange we have.  By no means am I trying to say everything in the exchange should be amazing but should at least serve purpose as acquiring 50 badges for any mob is a tall task. Even if this has to come with you balancing or nerfing items i still think having them acquirable and balanced is better than just not at all. Adding 30/70%s to this exchange though is a great idea l also think that the 1 turn in a day limit is fine . In my opinion keeping the meso reward at the same rate would be fine with the tradeoff of potentially rolling for better rewards. 

thanks for hearing me out - the walking W guava.

Edited by guava
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've slightly nerfed the meso rate to compensate for the additional item in the pool & the extra little buff is just a buff for the rest of the pool.

I changed the 60%s to fit the dark scroll theme of the area since it's stupid imo

Will consider more badge droprate or reward pool rate changes post patch.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 7:17 AM, dugtrio said:

is it possible to also change the 25 of each badge exchange to be something more rewarding than just mesos?

-a roll from all badge exchange pools

-slightly better odds for items instead of mesos

this is gone, been gone since the new items got added I think.