Phoenix

Make final attack proc from Strafe

Conorrhea

On September 16th with the addition of patch v69 the following changes were made to the archer class in the spirit of helping rangers and snipers compete with hermits in terms of DPS

1. Increased Weapon Attack of Arrows
  2. Increased Strafe damage
  3. Increased Critical Shot probability
  4. Soul Arrow is now changed to consume 200 arrows to activate, and will include the weapon attack of the currently equipped arrow.
  5. Increased Speed of Final Attack

While these changes were definitely a step in the right direction, but i believe a little more is needed in order to close the damage gap that still exists.

The increased speed of Final Attack has a lot of potential - however this change has gone largely unnoticed because it does not proc from third job skills. I would like to suggest that Strafe has a chance to activate the new Final Attack so that snipers and rangers can get the full potential benefit from this skill change.

Thank you for your consideration

Conads

• Like 2

I agree the gap should be closed with archers, however I don't think adding final attack to third job skills would be preferable. Using skills like arrow rain would be worse IMO, and adding onto strafe would be interesting, but I am still opposed to it (solely because of the aesthetic of strafe+reg arrows). 

Maybe something else like adding a skill like a nerfed sharp eyes or a "shadow partner like" final attack for the different skills (ex. Using strafe would proc FA which would activate strafe at double speed but half damage, and same for other skills).

+1
they made the delay on final attack several times faster than what is currently in peenix so it does not take away from the gameplay experience. the speed of final attack would need to be increased further to accommodate the extra animation

LF>
image.png

Edited by manfroy