Phoenix

Pros/Cons of having gach system on old school 3rd job server?

techno1004

Gachapon was GMS like, the issues were mostly the droptable of the gachapon and that you have to buy it for NX so its literally p2w  

tbh i wouldnt mind adding gachapon as long as its for mesos and its calculated / changed enough so its not just insane items, or it could be just random shit low level but NO endgame stuff (no +70 weps/armors?) or a fun way to try to get Maple Weps when its not anniversary, idk. if it doesnt have scrolls, it has to be cheap in terms of mesos, but if there's scrolls it should be expensive as fuck for the sole purpose of it being a money sink, changing mesos for random shit/scrolls.  

It would require effort to modify it cuz GMS like has someshit that is only avaiable from gachapon that is Best in Slot, and while making gachapon for mesos would fix the idea of p2w, it would be pretty fucking random and i would prefer NON exclusive stuff in gachapon, but added from drops in Boss or whatever (example : Gold Emerald Earrings), but each person would prefer a different idea, some merchers would preferthose items from gach instead of pure boss if it was for mesos, i guess...

tbh i really like gachapon for mesos just needs a lot of tweaks

To the second point of 30% scrolls, ehmmm, they are nice its just pure powercreep tho. 30% would make stuff easier in the long run, considering that its easier to hit 3 30% than 3 10%, the issue is that a few of those items just dissapear and are never in the market, it jus devalues old stuff and makes new stuff just much more OP, tbh im not that much against 30% and 70%, tho they are busted and leave 10% obsolete, There's bigger issues with stuff like chaos scrolls compared to dark scrolls. Actually dark scrolls would be a nice boost to help people kill zakum

I like the original idea of being GMS-like while getting rid of the stupid shit Nexon did. This would mean no gachapon, no dark scrolls, no NLC potions, no 4th job, no 2x cards, etc. I think Maple weps belong in the stupid shit category too but it is what it is at this point.

• Like 2