Phoenix

Nothing is launching

Phil

Question

Hi, when I try and launch the game there a brief loading period and nothing opens. I've tried running as admin and re-downloading the files a few times and no luck. Any help would be great!

7 answers to this question

Hi I was playing this for the first time yesterday and was able to get maplestory launched. I played to level 15 and forgot to log out last night and was autodisconnected when I woke up so the program closed. 

I tried launching maplestory this morning and cannot seem to get it open. I tried running as administrator, disabling windows defender, running on other compatibility modes, and couldn’t get it open.

Does anyone know what else to try? 

8 hours ago, Jazzyone said:

Hi I was playing this for the first time yesterday and was able to get maplestory launched. I played to level 15 and forgot to log out last night and was autodisconnected when I woke up so the program closed. 

I tried launching maplestory this morning and cannot seem to get it open. I tried running as administrator, disabling windows defender, running on other compatibility modes, and couldn’t get it open.

Does anyone know what else to try? 

I would make sure no hidden programs exist in task manager considering you left the PC on overnight while the DC happened

I'm getting this problem too, it says there's a Trojan in Phoenix. I launched fine earlier today so it wasn't the patch that changed things. I really don't want to let it through until I can confirm it's totally safe, this is really sketch.I'm getting this problem too, it says there's a Trojan in Phoenix. I launched fine earlier today so it wasn't the patch that changed things. I really don't want to let it through until I can confirm it's totally safe, this is really sketch.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:19 AM, Nudes said:

I'm getting this problem too, it says there's a Trojan in Phoenix. I launched fine earlier today so it wasn't the patch that changed things. I really don't want to let it through until I can confirm it's totally safe, this is really sketch.I'm getting this problem too, it says there's a Trojan in Phoenix. I launched fine earlier today so it wasn't the patch that changed things. I really don't want to let it through until I can confirm it's totally safe, this is really sketch.

We protect our client(Phoenix.dll) to prevent other people stealing Erics work. Tools like the one we use are also commonly used for virus/malware creators because they obviously don't want people to be able to easily see what the program does. This creates an issue where false positives can exist.

This update has actually one of the lowest false positive count that I've seen for us. If you give the name of what antivirus you use we can contact them to verify and remove the false positive. Sadly no real way exists to prevent false positives as any virus/malware creator would also do it.

Also did a scan on the v39 folder I have with the windows 2004 update and latest virus/threat protections.

spacer.png