Phoenix

Rule changes

Arnah

Some people have noticed https://playphoenix.net/rules has been changed.

The changes are currently not in effect but are listed for people to start following them. We've done changes(or added) to the following sections. 
"Macroing, Key Weighting, Third Party Software, Hacking, exploiting, and WZ Edits"
"Account Sharing"
"Multilogging"
"Knowingly exploiting a bug"

A possible change to the "Multilogging" rule could be done where instead of blocking just gaining exp on 2 characters at the same time, we would block multiclienting entirely which would also stop advantages gained by using buff mules. Bit of my thought process is in a post below.

A proper notification will be given when they are put into effect. If you have any feedback you can post it below.

Can you give examples of what types of multilogging are and arent allowed?

• Shop mule?
  • Playing 2 chars and they arent in the same party?
  • Playing 2 chars and they are not gaining exp simultaneously (ex. grind alt while waiting for orbis boat)
  • This includes gaining exp from party split
    • Does this only apply if your chars are in the same party?
    • Or does it mean you cannot be gaining exp simultaneously under any circumstance?
  • What is the punishment?

Just like @WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I feel like some of the rules aren't specified well enough.

For people like myself, who have been leveling a HS mule for hundreds of hours to use later on, it would suck suddenly not being allowed to use 2 characters at once to effectively benefit from HS. Kinda brings back PTSD from omegalol sm.

I already explained my situation and thought process to you so please reconsider the rules specifically for HS mules. They should be allowed to gain EXP while in a party of 2 of your own characters, so you can properly benefit from HS. The majority of people leveling a HS mule will be letting the priest stay at level 81, which means later, it won't be gaining EXP either way.

To those of us who've invested so much time into a HS mule, only to have these rules enforced upon us out of nowhere, it would suck big pp and feel like a huge time waste.

Edited by Kradia

3 hours ago, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW said:
  • Shop mule?
  • Playing 2 chars and they arent in the same party?

"Actively gaining experience on multiple characters" I feel like answers both of these questions

Playing 2 chars and they are not gaining exp simultaneously (ex. grind alt while waiting for orbis boat)

I can see how this isn't easily answered in the current wording and have adjusted it to mention "simultaneously". The example given is allowed.

This includes gaining exp from party split

• Does this only apply if your chars are in the same party?
  • Or does it mean you cannot be gaining exp simultaneously under any circumstance?

Gaining exp from party split is "Actively gaining experience". If it only meant killing monsters and not leeching the rule would have specified this.

The rule on the website has been slightly adjusted to hopefully answer these questions.

I'm going to mention something else. This rule could turn into a multiclient block entirely stopping both what the current rule currently does, and also preventing gaining an advantage at all via bypassing a check I've purposely kept in the client(preventing multiclienting) by creating the all so sacred buff mule. The original plan in my head was to introduce pretty much what I just said with the release of merchants so anyone using a shop mule wouldn't be hurt by this.

I guarantee any of the three options I do someone will complain personally to me and I have to decide which group of people I'll take being mad or quitting(Options being no rule change, current changed rule, or no multiclient at all)

Also no matter what way I go.. It's clear it is very late for such change and would have been so much easier if I realized this decision had to be done BEFORE osm shutdown.

6 hours ago, Arnah said:

Also no matter what way I go.. It's clear it is very late for such change and would have been so much easier if I realized this decision had to be done BEFORE osm shutdown.

Because you acknowledge the fact that these changes are applied way too late into the server's life, that alone should be enough reason not to pursue this path with your stance on buff mules, mules and multilogging in general. You're proud for replicating and giving people a real GMS-like experience. There were no restrictions on any sort of mules back in the day.

This kind of completely game changing stuff should've been established in the very beginning, before the server's release. Not in the middle or the peak of Phoenix. 

Don't make the hundreds of hours invested on this server be in vain for the people who have been working on mules.

Edited by Kradia

I don't really care if people make mules, it happened in GMS too. I don't have any buff mules so whateva... I think if you could do something with multiple computers you might as well let it go because then people will just buy multiple computers if they can't multiclient, making the best meta surrounding yourself with laptops which some people will do. The best way to stop it I think though would be making it so buffs don't work and exp doesn't share with characters being played on the same ip and mac address. At that point though I feel like it's picking and choosing what you don't want to be allowed instead of what's possible with the original game. I still think it's best to have an actual good party of high lvl ppl actually playing their characters. For example, me and lannister in a party is gonna be better exp than me and an hs mule just hsing me and not killing.

Edited by quit

I personally think it's a bit too late to enforce no multi-logging. As others have already mentioned, people have put too much time & effort into making their mules just to now be punished for it. I currently use an HB mule not so much for the health % increase but for the mana % increase just because I do save a few elixirs by doing so on a server where elixirs aren't all that easy to obtain.

• Like 1

I'm going to remove the multilogging rule from the site for now. Previous version is below.

- Multilogging
Simultaneously gaining experience on multiple characters that you're logged into is not allowed and will result in a warning and temporary to permanent bans.
This includes gaining exp from party split, and PQ stage rewards.

This rule is put in place because we want to put everyone on a fair playing ground and not give benefits to specific people.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW said:

So you can still HS mule yourself but you have to make sure you arent gaining exp while applying buffs?

IF the multilogging rule was applied yes. But it's currently put on hold as it's just better without it currently.

A bit of accidental exp gain wouldn't have gotten you banned.

On 1/15/2020 at 4:47 AM, Arnah said:

A possible change to the "Multilogging" rule could be done where instead of blocking just gaining exp on 2 characters at the same time, we would block multiclienting entirely which would also stop advantages gained by using buff mules. Bit of my thought process is in a post below.

If multiclienting will be blocked, then people who have multiple devices will be able to have the advantage of using buff mules or gaining EXP on different accounts.. Would be better to apply both if you're going on the blocking multiclients direction.

• 2 weeks later...

About the account sharing, if im playing from work and its basically a different location and ip - laptop or another computer, will i get suspended?
so basically i can only play from my computer at home if its not possible? (because im only able to play from home at weekends 😶)

2 hours ago, Kipod said:

About the account sharing, if im playing from work and its basically a different location and ip - laptop or another computer, will i get suspended?
so basically i can only play from my computer at home if its not possible? (because im only able to play from home at weekends 😶)

No

• 3 months later...

I definitely feel multi logging should be bannable. 

Twice last week, I had some jackass go into a PQ with all of his mules when there were parties on both channels trying to PQ. It's absolute bullshit that one player can take up 6 slots of a PQ when there's only 12 slots available and more than 6 players trying to do a PQ. 

I know the rule is no longer in effect, but it should definitely be brought back. At the very least, make it against the rules to PQ mule when you have players on both channels trying to do a PQ.

Edited by Pizza Wife

^ that sounds like a tough one... I agree that it sucks when 1 person plays PQ alone vs 6 separate people... but it shouldnt be banned... 

But then you'd disallow people who bring even 1 mule?

Unless that 1 person is deliberately holding the map then idk what can be done!