Phoenix

adding new types of scrolls/gear to the game on leafre patch

dugtrio

in order for the players who already have nothing other than grinding to do , adding new scrolling options for gear that have not been scrollable yet would have those players get something else to do other than grinding , i also think it would bring back old players than have stopped playing since they have nothing else to do other than grinding, and if we  just release leafre they might stop playing after a few weeks  since they can still only grind.

the scrolls that i think can be added without breaking the game are:
helmet dex/int  10%/60%
earring dex 60%
topwear luk/str 10%/60%
bottomwear dex  10%/60%
shield luk/str 60%
gloves hp 10%/60%

with these scrolls every class gets a little boost inorder to  have a better time against leafre mobs  and it would help players not get burnt out as fast since u have something  else to upgrade your character with instead of just levels.
now the hard question how would  you get these scrolls, well some of these scrolls were already in some droptable later on in the game according to https://bbb.hidden-street.net/ ,this would bring some life into dead maps that nobody grinds on and a better incentive to grind on some other
for example :
master chronos - helm dex 60%

hime - earring dex 70%(can be changed to 60%)
spirit viking - earring dex 60%
soul teddy / grupin - shield luk 60%
more can be added to this list but its hard to say which mob should get these scroll drops
what i also suggest is making these scrolls drop from existing mini bosses, the one that fits most imo is mushmom , since it drops only armor scrolls , it would be fit for it to drop the 60% version of these scrolls
while making crog drop the 10% version of these.
what can also be done is adding the 60% version of these to gpq reward boxes and or the lpq/opq rewards.

for gear i think its safe to assume that the new gear we can get with leafre patch is lvl 100 weapons , which would be available through zakum and as according to the bms droptable , leafre mobs but with a ridiculously low drop chance.

if you disagree on anything please reply with your thoughts

Edited by dugtrio
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kratos7583 said:

I say we take a vote on having 4th job me implemented but have it nerfed in a way that makes everyone ok with it and gives us a reason to get to higher levels

I don't have a strong opinion on either of these suggestions, but "democracy" can be a horrible idea in most cases - to make it work well enough, if a suggested change goes against the "constitution" of the server, it must be supported by an overwhelming majority (like 90%), and the minority's concerns must be addressed. Otherwise, you carry a very strong risk of betraying or alienating important members of the community. Fortunately, this is more like a monarchy, and Arnah's will which we place our trust in ultimately carries the burden and responsibility of the server's future, even if he uses a vote as reference. 

Edited by Fruit Shop Owner
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 6:30 PM, Kratos7583 said:

I say we take a vote on having 4th job me implemented but have it nerfed in a way that makes everyone ok with it and gives us a reason to get to higher levels

I think 4th job would ruin this server, considering most players play this server for a true 3rd job experience.

I do think we could keep the job advancement quest tho, and make it give +5 AP or something like that so it's actually worth doing.

Other than that, I do think dugtrio's suggestion is great, this server could use some more scrolls.

Ya thats not a bad idea honestly i just would like to have something to keep stoked on for higher levels cause 4th job you look forward to new skills and having something for higher levels to be slapped in would be cool and give a reason for people to keep playing instead of only grinding forever to just get better stats

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, dugtrio said:

helmet dex/int  10%/60%
earring dex 60%
topwear luk/str 10%/60%
bottomwear dex  10%/60%
shield luk/str 60%
gloves hp 10%/60%

Helm INT should be converted into Helm LUK to encourage mages to build towards LUK builds with the goal of making higher level wands/staves serve a purpose. For more regarding this read this. It's the same consistent logic and concept.

+ Earring DEX 10% (vanilla)

+ Earring LUK 10%/60% (vanilla)

+ Gloves for Magic Attack (INT bonuses could be stripped away, magic attack could be buffed to 10%  +5 MATT and 60% +3 MATT) For reference, this is what vanilla GFMATT looks like:

image.png.757bfd5cda7c0511f59158cca3c1d1bc.pngimage.png.11e5c0b4463d1f5064b6fb8b78d48c24.png

+ Overall Armor for STR 10%/60% (vanilla)

I agree with everything dugtrio suggested regarding where they should be available. Sounds very logical and fits the game design of pretty well. What I would like to add though, is that I see an opportunity to bring a little more life to the less popular mobs.

If we get some of these scrolls added to the Leafre mobs droptable, they should be made lower drop chance than elsewhere. Leafre will be a popular place to grind meaning the drop chance should be significantly lower than elsewhere. Adding all these scrolls to leafre, but additionally, to mobs that are not meta, with even better drop chance could potentially be a pretty good solution of making those mobs viable and serve a purpose.

Here is an example. I'm trying to communicate the logic and this example should not be taken as a literal suggestion.

Say an earring LUK 60% was added to the following mobs:
image.png.551c96e733995ac1b76a2675179e999a.pngimage.png.6d3c2a8be9b50b8f5bade9a95f0e161d.png

What I'm trying to say is that the Blood Harp will be more viable and accessible than the Dark Drake because of location, spawn rate, etc. I'm just going to throw out numbers here, but because the Blood Harp is more viable and accessible it should have a 1/50k chance (0.00002%) of dropping the scroll. Whereas the Dark Drake could have a 1/20k chance (0.00005%).

Less accessible mobs = better drop chance
Mobs with less spawn (taking into account all maps) = better drop chance

Highly contested mobs = significantly lower drop chance

Imagine if this fella was dropping overall armor for INT 10%:
image.png.f11e43487d18ab1b6a2111c85265e0f4.png

With a 1/10k drop chance (0.0001%)

But this mob was also dropping it with a 1/50k drop chance (0.00002%):
image.png.aa88ee9fe20803c22bb6046270b24beb.png

Where would you go? This is what I consider good game design. You sacrifice EXP for very specific, but significant drops. Or you just grind EXP, but have a low chance of finding the drop that you want. 

image.png

• Like 2

I always liked ideas to revitalize areas of the game. Specific drops are a great motivator to try new mobs or maps that give sub optimal exp, just look at nependeaths. Personally I think some more of the gacha exclusive fun items should make appearances on various drop tables, so there's some kind of fashion hunting going on.

Anyway, on the matter of scrolls, I think it's a good idea to spread their availability and adjust how strong they are. The shield scroll suggestions seem especially important since they enable shield builds to completely outclass 2h builds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bellocringe said:

I always liked ideas to revitalize areas of the game. Specific drops are a great motivator to try new mobs or maps that give sub optimal exp, just look at nependeaths. Personally I think some more of the gacha exclusive fun items should make appearances on various drop tables, so there's some kind of fashion hunting going on.

Anyway, on the matter of scrolls, I think it's a good idea to spread their availability and adjust how strong they are. The shield scroll suggestions seem especially important since they enable shield builds to completely outclass 2h builds.

+1 for gacha exclusive items

Helmet INT benefits all mages. Helmet LUK will allow luk mages to require less luk to equip their gears. One of the reasons why higher leveled wands/staffs aren't used is because their attack speed is slow to normal. Evil wings and pyogo mushroom (currently not confirmed to be out) are the only viable options due to their fast attack speed which is especially noticeable on mages. Additionally, nocturnal staff and lama staff are readily accessible by the community making people lean towards making lukless mages. The difference in ~6-10 extra mp per level is not a huge difference in making people choose luk vs lukless. Perhaps changing attack speed of higher leveled weapons or buffing their base magic attack is a better solution than not implementing Helmet INT into the game to encourage people to choose LUK mage.

I also agree that these new scrolls should be implemented in a way to make less popular maps useful. Perhaps removing or reducing the drop rates from leafre mobs (similar to wolf spiders) and adding it to deep ludi, KFT, deep sleepywood or aqua mobs. Adding these to OPQ is also a good option as it is a difficult PQ which needs a buff in their rewards. Another option would be to add the 60% to the BMM quest and perhaps have the 10% available through another daily quest (maybe pianus).

Edited by Genius

On 12/5/2020 at 12:54 AM, Genius said:

Evil wings and pyogo mushroom (currently not confirmed to be out) are the only viable options due to their fast attack speed which is especially noticeable on mages. Additionally, nocturnal staff and lama staff are readily accessible by the community making people lean towards making lukless mages. The difference in ~6-10 extra mp per level is not a huge difference in making people choose luk vs lukless. Perhaps changing attack speed of higher leveled weapons or buffing their base magic attack is a better solution than not implementing Helmet INT into the game to encourage people to choose LUK mage.

Weapon attack speed literally only matters for explosion. I/L mages and Priests have no reason to care about attack speed

• 1 month later...