Phoenix

Increase Newts Spawn

Ghost

Here we go again.  Please Arnah, keep an open mind my friend.  It's undoubtedly horrible.  Sniping newts, a dangerous yet rewarding feat for ranged classes, has been defiled.  The respawn is trash.  Check these videos from GMS for spawn rate vs. what exists in Phoenix. And this can be tested/confirmed by you and others:

Take note of how fast the jr. newt here respawns.  Only mob killed, yet respawns fast.  Waaaaay faster than here.  Sniping newts was a HUGE nostalgic experience for Leafre, but it has been ruined here.

Newt parties are dead on arrival.  Likely due to source code; time to respawn mobs and/or how many mobs are left in map before more should spawn.  This map was peak newt party map, and was hopeful for me to be essential for low lvl ranged, priests, dks, you name it.  I hope you provide feedback, justification, any future modification and/or acknowledge of this post at all.  Thanks in advance.

I know how hard you worked on Leafre, so I pray you don't see this post as demeaning on your effort.  Rather, an improvement on your work and inspiration to others.  

And before people point out there's medals,  "it's 2010, nexon buffed the map", whatever else you wanna point out;  i personally trained there in the current version of phoenix and it was exactly the same.  Defensive post I know, and based on anecdote.  Regardless, I hope you see my words as true.

Edited by Ghost

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Here we go again.  Please Arnah, keep an open mind my friend.  It's undoubtedly horrible.  Sniping newts, a dangerous yet rewarding feat for ranged classes, has been defiled.  The respawn is trash.  Check these videos from GMS for spawn rate vs. what exists in Phoenix. And this can be tested/confirmed by you and others:

Take note of how fast the jr. newt here respawns.  Only mob killed, yet respawns fast.  Waaaaay faster than here.  Sniping newts was a HUGE nostalgic experience for Leafre, but it has been ruined here.

Newt parties are dead on arrival.  Likely due to source code; time to respawn mobs and/or how many mobs are left in map before more should spawn.  This map was peak newt party map, and was hopeful for me to be essential for low lvl ranged, priests, dks, you name it.  I hope you provide feedback, justification, any future modification and/or acknowledge of this post at all.  Thanks in advance.

I know how hard you worked on Leafre, so I pray you don't see this post as demeaning on your effort.  Rather, an improvement on your work and inspiration to others.  

And before people point out there's medals,  "it's 2010, nexon buffed the map", whatever else you wanna point out;  i personally trained there in the current version of phoenix and it was exactly the same.  Defensive post I know, and based on anecdote.  Regardless, I hope you see my words as true.

it because not the same version... you still on 2007, not on 2010.

18 minutes ago, Emperor said:

it because not the same version... you still on 2007, not on 2010.

Thanks, read the post again.  spawn rate didnt change in GMS.   i cant find videos of when leafre initially released, but i can assure respawn rate is and can be adjusted to reflect the videos.  all i cant provide is anecdotal but any ancient videos that can be provided is appreciated. 

Edited by Ghost

This was purposely removed for the exact thing you showed, Sniping. Checking over the changes again and it seems I have slightly nerfed the map more than I needed to for sniping to be removed and this will be adjusted.

Also not entirely sure how this is "dangerous" but I'll gladly learn.

Edit: Also want to note that properly documenting changes like this are planned I just keep forgetting to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Arnah said:

This was purposely removed for the exact thing you showed, Sniping. Checking over the changes again and it seems I have slightly nerfed the map more than I needed to for sniping to be removed and this will be adjusted.

Also not entirely sure how this is "dangerous" but I'll gladly learn.

Edit: Also want to note that properly documenting changes like this are planned I just keep forgetting to do it.

Ok thanks.  After speaking with others, they are happy with the changes and still see it as a viable training map (archers specifically).  After thinking about it, I realize removing sniping might be for the best so the maps can be used by those of appropriate level.  Increasing the spawn slightly would be a good change.