Phoenix

Make smega donator-only item

Phantom

Currently smega is dirt cheap to buy. Anyone can vote once a day and spam smega to their heart's content, as evidenced here:

smega_abuse.png.eafe040b6306d47403c99f81f01f8b32.png

This is not GMS-like and it's not nostalgic. Not at all. In GMS you had to buy smega with real dollars or euros, so nobody ever spammed smega with meaningless garbage like they do here.

In GMS when someone used an smega to congratulate you, it really meant something. You really appreciated your friend for spending the money to buy an smega just for you. Whereas here in Phoenix, smega means exactly zero, nothing. Because most of the smega is garbage.

I strongly suggest you made smega purchase-able with donator points only.  It would make the game more pleasant, more GMS-like, and help generate more revenue for the server which could be used to buy advertising or whatever.

Edited by Phantom

by that logic the whole cash shop should be donator nx only..

in GMS back in the day, only the privileged who spent real $ could open FM shops... only the privileged who spend money can look fancy.

also, you should be stripped of every single nx you wear that is bought using vote nx.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:29 PM, Phantom said:

This is not GMS-like and it's not nostalgic. Not at all. In GMS you had to buy smega with real dollars or euros, so nobody ever spammed smega with meaningless garbage like they do here.

In GMS when someone used an smega to congratulate you, it really meant something. You really appreciated your friend for spending the money to buy an smega just for you. Whereas here in Phoenix, smega means exactly zero, nothing. Because most of the smega is garbage.

I’m not sure which GMS server you are referring to because if my memory is correct i remember seeing cute shit like this all the time. 

D950D251-25FA-4E60-A644-1CE32BF42791.jpeg

3 hours ago, Conorrhea said:

i remember seeing cute shit like this all the time.

Presumably that girl who smega'ed about loving her BF,  she didn't spam it 30 times in a row.  Most likely it was that one smega, wouldn't you agree? Considering it cost money.

Now take a look at that screenshot in the 1st post. Someone really did spam 30 messages in a row. Every single one of these smegas was completely devoid of any meaning, as you can see in the screenshot. It's just garbage.

Whereas that GMS girl probably did love her BF, and expressing her love publically at least has some meaning. Do you see a difference here?

That screenshot isn't the end by the way, the spam fest goes on for at least 20 more after that.

I disagree that they should be donor only, but increasing the NX price could be a viable solution to reduce spam and make them more unique. Another potential solution is to have a cooldown for smegas.

Edited by sewil