Phoenix

Leafre Rock Buff

Kradia

With v52, the rock buff at Leafre was buffed in MATK but accuracy was removed.

Initially, because of the fact that you had to run back to the buff every hour, I instantly compared it to family buffs and thought how stupid they were. But these were only stupid because of the duration they had (30 min) and because you could only use them once per day, per character,  so you'd rely on more mules. With the Leafre rock buff, this isn't the case because it's an ongoing, permanent area buff available to all players every 32 minutes.

I see a lot of opportunities with this buff, but before it can be further tweaked, it should be made to expire as soon as you leave Leafre.

I suggest that Leafre buff should expire 10 seconds after you have left Leafre on map ID change to following ID's:
- 200090200 or 200000132  // Boat from Leafre to Orbis (Not sure which is the correct one)
- 101010000 // The Field Up North of Ellinia
- 800000000 // Mushroom Shrine (accessible through Spinel)

The 10 seconds is to give the player the option to change their mind, in case they forget they buff. The buff icon could be blinking for those 10 seconds.
It's pretty obvious, but the rock buff should expire because it can and is already being highly abused with low level characters. 

As for what could further be done with the rock buff..

Revert accuracy change
The accuracy part is pretty self explanatory. There was absolutely no reason to remove accuracy, except if the intent was to nerf players abusing it with warriors at KPQ or something similar. For the most part, warriors need 140 accuracy to hit mobs. In few instances, they require a little more, otherwise they have to opt to use DEX gear. On top of that, now warriors have to rely on Bless again, which overwrites the rest of the defensive stats the rock buff gives them. The amount of accuracy was great (+50), because it allowed warriors to have enough accuracy for the few specific mobs, that require more than 140 accuracy.

Buff MATK to 120 from 50 
Regarding the MATK, which I'm sure a lot of people will instantly react with "wtf".. MATK and WATK is not comparable. Yes, 120 MATK sounds like a crazy amount and equals to 24 levels worth of INT, but the 20 WATK is worth a lot more. Nexon made a WATK:MATK ratio through potions, but this doesn't translate well to later stages of the game. Realistically, for F/P and I/L mages, this buff is only +30, because it doesn't stack with Meditation. For other classes, that +20 WATK is actually +10/+12, because of rage/takoyaki being available. A +10 weapon attack buff does a whole lot more than +30 magic attack for mages.

If you disagree, feel free to share your opinion and we can discuss. If you agree, let me know why you agree instead of just posting +1.

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 1

i do agree leafre buff should stay active only inside leafre and get buffed as you described it, even tho that means priests loses buff in himes.. tho with +120 matk we can be active in deep leafre parties insted.
 also, if you choose to make X2 party bonus exp for 3 man parties with an active priest in it so that buff changes will make priest dps viables to split in non-holy week mobs maps. (also will disencorage HS mules =D)

incase that wont change i think accuracy should be brought back up to +20 to match bless.

Edited by RickSenchez