Phoenix

Disable multi-clienting

sewil

Just putting this out here even though it's controversial since I think multi-clienting has always been a big problem. It makes the game uninteractive and unsocial. This is a social game not solostory where you just have a bunch of buff mules instead of an actual party with real players. I get that there's not a lot of players right now and it can be hard to find a party, but I also think party exp can be buffed greatly to make it almost not worth to ever grind without a party, and this I think would increase the social activity and in turn bring more players.

1 hour ago, sewil said:

This is a social game not solostory where you just have a bunch of buff mules instead of an actual party with real players.

Vanilla Priests are boring.
There's a whole lot of Priest mains in Phoenix that quit/turn mules because Vanilla Priest is hella boring and the training spots are limited. 
If Buff mules are banned, would you prefer to grind without HS at level 10X and above? 
Banning buff mules does not encourage more priest mains. 

1 hour ago, sewil said:

a bunch of buff mules

Doesn't mean it should be banned if you're lazy to make one.

1 hour ago, sewil said:

but I also think party exp can be buffed greatly to make it almost not worth to ever grind without a party, and this I think would increase the social activity and in turn bring more players.

If your concern is to bring in more players, banning buff mules now its definitely not the way (it's too late anyways).
There're a whole lot of QOLs improvements and other Buffs that can be done. You're a lv66 i/l, with Buff Mules available, you can easily find a FOG party or a STDs duo with HS thus allowing yourself to progress faster. 
Try reaching gaining another 20 to 30 more levels by training with and without a hs party you'll see the importance of HS Mule.
And I'll like to highlight this again, banning buff mules does not encourage more priest mains.

If people find priest mains boring then that to me sounds like a separate problem, and having them locked up in cs with the only purpose of rebuffing is not a solution. It shows that there's a great balancing issue in the game that needs to be worked on.

3 hours ago, sewil said:

If people find priest mains boring then that to me sounds like a separate problem, and having them locked up in cs with the only purpose of rebuffing is not a solution. It shows that there's a great balancing issue in the game that needs to be worked on.

Yes you are right regarding problem with the balance between classes. However, balancing issue in Phoenix won't be done in the near future. By disabling multi client atm won't help with bringing in more players. Players more often benefit from multi clienting than not.

6 hours ago, sewil said:

This is a social game not solostory where you just have a bunch of buff mules instead of an actual party with real players.

Also to quote your first post, even with HS Mule we don't do solo parties (except for the F/P), we still grind in duos or trios. We don't solo that often as duo/trios gives more eph. 

3 hours ago, sewil said:

If people find priest mains boring then that to me sounds like a separate problem

Why aren't you playing one then? Now to me, not making buff mules or disliking buff mules sounds like a personal problem. 
The last time someone made this post was a lv12X priest. (Not saying that only priest mains can make these posts but it sure does give more credibility)

If multi clienting were to be disabled right now, there'll be lack of HS Parties. Also I'll say it again, you're just a lv66 i/l, try grinding in parties at lv10X with and without HS you'll see the importance of HS Mule.
Unless you're like the phoenix OGs that made to lvl13X~14X without a constant HS Party.

Last but not least, this is a hardcore 1x server, by removing multi clienting is a NERF, QOL has not been improving lately and here you want multi client to be disabled.
At this current point Phoenix, disabling multi client does not bring in more players. (and phoenix has been up 2years, more people will quit than play if mules are banned)

Check out these suggestions that have been made that is similar to your topic.

Alright thanks, I've gotten some more insight on the issue now after reading Kradia's post. I tried searching for the topic before making one myself but I guess I gotta improve my searching skills. Also, for what it's worth, I've mained priest in GMS and several private servers before joining this server. I'm well aware of how OP HS is and I'm also a heavy multi-clienter if it's allowed, because it just makes everything so much easier, but I can't kick the feeling that it feels like an exploit and not how the game was intended to be played. In any case, turns out the issue was more complicated than I anticipated, so I'll just leave it there.

Edited by sewil