Phoenix

Monster Carnival PQ 1 tweaks

opman

01122007.png.eae59cdd5f73cdbe37993ad0c57e705a.png (lvl 30: + 0-2 all stats, 3 slots), 02041211.png.bc86bd982e823222acf2569f521f284c.png (+30hp/mp @ 60% passing rate)

Over the past weeks, I've seen multiple players curious over how mcpq has yet to open it's doors yet and their concerns for it affecting LPQ, I'm here presenting some ways from our discussion to aid in its release. This thread will only discuss MCPQ 1 (lvl 30 to 50) and not MCPQ 2 (lvl 51 to 70). Although MCPQ 2's necklace gives similar stats but with an added +0 - 2 weapon/ magical att, it'd be a nice item to have in game to assist in future HT and does not overpower HTP (max +23 all stats is > 2 weapon att) in anyway and the magic att portion could be buffed in future from 2 > 8.

One way is to turn MCPQ 1 into a no / lesser exp zone and solely to attain Spiegelmann's Necklace and Marbles from the exchange system based using the coins. Once players get their scrolled necklace, they can progress back to LPQ.

Some ways (either 1 or a mixture of methods):
1. Remove win/loss exp reward. (discourages win tradings)
2. Remove/Reduce monster exp to 1. (since mob drops pot and party pot, no free grinds here)
3. Apply anti-leech checkers.
4. Reward Coin token based on Kill counts and Completion Tier via existing exp reward NPC. (used for marbles n necklace)
5. others: Keep necklace tradable. (adds on to our marketplace variety and rewarding time spent with possible merch money)
6. others: Adjust/ Increase coins per armor/weapon requirements. (to prevent it from turning into a gold mine)
7. Buff coin drop rate in larger scene maps (field 5/6) as compared to the small flat laned (field 3/4) to encourage larger party plays.
8. Auto kick/wrap players out of the map when inactive for more than > 1min as it only takes 10mins per round to make it more troublesome for mules (or worst, end the entire pq for both party).
9. Players only get exp upon win/loss per round based on how much CP was attained (each individual exp is based on their individual CP scores) I'll leave exp rewards rankings (S/A/B) out since i have no data on this, but back in the msea days, it was hella alot for a 10min run and S rank was easily achievable.

Also, we will need to consider it's level cap as there are players who're over the level cap of 50, maybe then we could apply a Custom daily repeatable quest in ludibrium for lvl 51+ to collect boss certificates (zakum, pianus, papu) and craft the necklace and marbles. Also, a possible bossing service here for players who intend to sell certificate services (e.g. zak/ pianus)

For example (illustrative purposes only):
1. 1x boss certificates of each (zakum, pianus, papu) for 1 spiegelmann's necklace
2. 200x Ice piece etc, 200x Gigantic Viking hat etc

*note we could use this too as well for MCPQ 2 necklace n marbles exchange and instead hike it's requirements.

Feel free to leave your comment and Cheers to the discussion.

Edited by opman

I think we should balance the PQ so it's roughly equal to LPQ, so your choice is solely based on what you deem the most fun (PVP vs PVE). Exp rate should be about the same, and I think the necklace is just too good for lvl 30. I'd rather it be just one random stat 1-3 and the marble giving like +10 HP and MP instead.

I'm also a bit unsure about having the necklace tradable, as that takes away a bit of the exclusive feel of the PQ. If the necklace is the sole reason people would do the PQ it means they'll just buy the stat they need in FM instead of actually having to do the PQ with other players. Basically I think there should be no other way of obtaining the necklace other than actually doing the PQ.

If we keep it untradable we also won't have to worry about adding exchange quests and no need to add security measures against potential exploits.

Edited by sewil

2 hours ago, sewil said:

I'm also a bit unsure about having the necklace tradable, as that takes away a bit of the exclusive feel of the PQ. If the necklace is the sole reason people would do the PQ it means they'll just buy the stat they need in FM instead of actually having to do the PQ with other players. Basically I think there should be no other way of obtaining the necklace other than actually doing the PQ.

It would be weird if it wasn't tradeable for the high levels. How are we supposed to get them? This is the kind of stuff you want to avoid so players can fully optimize their characters. 

35 minutes ago, Kradia said:

It would be weird if it wasn't tradeable for the high levels. How are we supposed to get them? This is the kind of stuff you want to avoid so players can fully optimize their characters. 

The chaos necklace is better (which I assume you get from mcpq 2?) so no reason that high-levels would want the original necklace, but as in the OP you could add a 71+ repeatable quest to Spiegelmann which rewards you with the chaos necklace (If you don't already have one in the inventory).

Edited by sewil

9 hours ago, sewil said:

If the necklace is the sole reason people would do the PQ it means they'll just buy the stat they need in FM instead of actually having to do the PQ with other players

What's wrong with that? Someone still has to do it. It's also the only realistically accessible pendant in the game atm.

Not much has really changed since https://forum.playphoenix.net/topic/658-cpq-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2214

The exp would probably be completely removed from mobs and moved to win/lose. Then the Win/Lose exp setup would be completely adjusted.
I'd also likely do a slight decrease on coin drops & increase the cost of the items from the shop.

Also potentially worth rebalancing CP cost of certain mobs and the CP you get from killing but that could be a future change after I get some information?

Likely no way these changes make it into the next patch.

13 minutes ago, Arnah said:

The exp would probably be completely removed from mobs and moved to win/lose. Then the Win/Lose exp setup would be completely adjusted.
I'd also likely do a slight decrease on coin drops & increase the cost of the items from the shop.

it seems like the win/lose has not much appropriate workaround space to incentivize players without having some form of exploit thru muling.
We could auto kick/wrap players out of the map when inactive for more than > 1min as it only takes 10mins per round to make it more troublesome for mules (or worst, end the entire pq for both party). Also, if i recall, 1 round of MCPQ could easily drop 20 coins based on speed buff and max spawnings of trojan horse in field 3/4 (party size: 2-4) as it was known to be easy to recruit 4 players as compared to 10 to 12 players for field 5/6, so I'm fine with some lowering of coins but not too much as it'd be nice to have MCPQ be competitive towards LPQ in terms of items rather than exp in LPQ.

Imo we should remove its exp reward totally, where we can look towards now a PVP pq focused on helping each other (coins) than being toxic and spamming debuffs. However, if u really want exp as a form of reward upon clearing the 10min pq, giving exp based on 1. total CP accumulated (member 1 and 2 totaling with 1000 CP = Rank S) to identify the Rank the party got (S/A/B) and 2. reward exp to party members based on their individual CP score and not shared amongst the party, to prevent mules in party from leeching similar exp.

Added:
7. Buff coin drop rate in larger scene maps (field 5/6) as compared to the small flat laned (field 3/4) to encourage larger party plays.
8. Auto kick/wrap players out of the map when inactive for more than > 1min as it only takes 10mins per round to make it more troublesome for mules (or worst, end the entire pq for both party).
9. Players only get exp upon win/loss per round based on how much CP was attained (each individual exp is based on their individual CP scores) I'll leave exp rewards rankings (S/A/B) out since i have no data on this, but back in the msea days, it was hella alot for a 10min run and S rank was easily achievable.

6 hours ago, Arnah said:

What's wrong with that? Someone still has to do it. It's also the only realistically accessible pendant in the game atm.

It's all about player interaction, having it tradable means that net people doing the PQ would be lower, because you only need to get the right stat once and then you can trade it across all your mules or borrow it to your friends so they don't have to do it. If there's no other way of getting it 30-50 then basically all players (mules or not) will do the PQ at some point instead of solo grinding and it increases player interaction. Imagine if Zhelm was tradable, there'd be no Zakum gathering each saturday with ppl from different guilds meeting up, there'd be one guild that farms Zakum helmets and then the rest just buying it directly off the market and trading it between their mules.

Edited by sewil

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 1:21 AM, Arnah said:

Not much has really changed since https://forum.playphoenix.net/topic/658-cpq-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2214

Also potentially worth rebalancing CP cost of certain mobs and the CP you get from killing but that could be a future change after I get some information?

Likely no way these changes make it into the next patch.

+1 if thats what it takes to get cpq here it will bring back some nostalgia