Phoenix

Newly Registered Player Event

Kradia

We are at a point where the server population is getting smaller and only the players who have been invested for a while have continued playing. I can still not believe this has to be suggested, as this should've been a thing months ago but here goes.

It would be in the server's best interest if we had events that directly targets newly registered players. These events should occur bimonthly and help newly registered players get going. This event could even be automated through Cody in Henesys so it's less work to set up. The event could span for 2 weeks, from the 1st to the 14th every other month.

During the event, the GTOP description could advertise the server with a special referral code that people can use when signing up. This referral code flags their account as a newly registered player account, which means they participate in the event. This referral code should also be on the website and discord. From here, new players would have 2 weeks to reach certain milestones.

The milestones and rewards could look a little something like this:

• Get to level 21 by the end of the event and receive 5,000 NX
  • Get to level 30 by the end of the event and receive 10,000 NX and a pet
  • Get to level 50 by the end of the event and receive an additional 10,000 NX.

This is just a suggestion for what the rewards could look like. The better the reward, the more likely these newly registered players will continue grinding.

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 3

The concept is right, but with the rewards I don't agree. These are way too mild from what a new player needs to catch extra motivation to start a new game, maybe combined with what I'm suggesting. 

What we really lack is catch up mechanisms for "New" players on a server that has existed for several years. There could be events such as new account gets 2x xp reward for a couple of days before it expires. Why I think this would be extremely good for a new player instead of a veteran like myself, its not worth at all take advantage of this for me because I have everything ready related to characters I can achieve In this short period of time.

Fresh player heaven zz 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm a new player that recently joined maybe two weeks ago? I'm currently lv43. Feels a bit sad/awkward if this event comes up. I'm happy there will possibly be actions to welcome new players and increase the player base, but is it also possible to compromise for players like me who received nothing as my first account and character?

(Unfortunately, I also didn't ask for a referral code, so that's a bummer on my part).

Edited by Sriracha
  • Like 1

I recall in GMS there was a ring event for new characters that hit level 30 (I think.) The rings provided a boost to atk, matk, a critical hit chance and HP/MP boosts. In GMS the item itself could be traded once within your account. But I think in this case it would make sense to just make it character locked. 

It could be interesting to explore adding a unique item such as the above for new accounts only + NX. It won’t stop any current players from opening a new account BUT we wouldn’t be able to use it on any existing high level characters. The allure of an item like this is that it will continue to scale and improve DPS (even for mages through the crit chance) as they shift into mid and late game. 

For reference the Adventurer Critical, Cruel and Magical Rings: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/eq/accessories/ring

Edited by soykevi

I think one of the main deterrents for new players is how expensive potions are. You literally have to beg in FM or use the chair every 5 minutes. When I started I was actually saved by the lunar new year event and got like 500k from red envelopes which was enough funding for potions. We could have more of these types of events that rewards new players, and/or increase potion rates in the job training quests.

Edited by sewil

On 6/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, sewil said:

I think one of the main deterrents for new players is how expensive potions are. You literally have to beg in FM or use the chair every 5 minutes. When I started I was actually saved by the lunar new year event and got like 500k from red envelopes which was enough funding for potions. We could have more of these types of events that rewards new players, and/or increase potion rates in the job training quests.

I think the new job related quest lines available when you hit 1st job help a bit with the issue of expensive pots. 

I remember when I first started playing last year fake bosses were appearing everywhere. It was a huge help having those spawn in HHG and And Tunnel because those cakes sold for so high even to just NPCs. It definitely helped build up enough funds to not only pots but buy whatever few equips I needed. Maybe we can look into having those fake bosses stay as a permanent thing in even just some of the maps (NOT FAKE PAP THOUGH) as a small QOL improvement for lower levels. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, sewil said:

This is a really good point. I think I was saved by the fact that some random person in Henesys saw my fresh character at level 10 and gave me 100k to get going. Probably would have had a way harder time without that boost. I was lucky that the population was better when I got started. But from what I can tell, right now it is very unmotivating for new players to play in a server where you have to Megaphone to even get a KPQ group going.