Phoenix

add new 100% scrolls to npc stores

manfroy

With peenix jump updating to v58, the v56 patch adds a bunch of new scrolls and adds regular versions of previously only dark scrolls to the drop table:
Helmet INT
Helmet DEX
Helmet Accuracy
Earring DEX
Earring LUK
Earring DEF
Earring HP
Glove HP
Shield LUK
Shield STR
Shield HP
Shield matt (drops dont appear till ninja castle)
Shield w.att(drops dont appear till ninja castle)
Top HP
Bottom HP
Top STR (10% only drops)
Top LUK
Bottom DEX (60 only from ht till malaysia)

Most, if not all of these do not have drops on their 100% variants that make it more worth to hunt over their 60/10 drops. A few of these scrolls (earring luk, shield luk, bottom dex) do not even have drops for their 100% versions. What I suggest is to add at least some of these scrolls to npc vendors in the next patch so that newer players can still take advantage of some of the new scrolls but leave the 60 and 10%s as more desirable.

Ideally, what I'd like to see is all of the above(minus shield att and maybe helm) get their 100% versions added to stores, but some of the 100% scrolls being available immediately have a much bigger impact on than others. Things such as helm int,dex,acc are more impactful than something like top str/luk and bottom dex, and shield att should not exist.
A more reasonable list of scrolls that can get added to stores could look something like this:
Earring LUK 100%
Earring DEF 100%
Earring HP 100%
Glove HP 100%
Shield STR 100%
Shield HP 100%
Top STR 100%
Top HP 100%
Bottom HP 100%
Bottom DEX 100%
The prices and which npcs they get put in can be determined by arnah, for example Earring LUK 100% can be 300k each. The hp/def scrolls can be 35k ea just like the other 100%s currently in the npc stores

Would like feedback on this, the availability of some of these scrolls can help or hinder a lot of people's gear progression

Edited by manfroy
i forgot top/bottom hp exist
  • Like 1

• manfroy changed the title to add new 100% scrolls to npc stores
13 hours ago, manfroy said:

Earring LUK 100%
Earring DEF 100%
Earring HP 100%
Glove HP 100%
Shield STR 100%
Shield HP 100%
Top STR 100%
Top HP 100%
Bottom HP 100%
Bottom DEX 100%

300k for most of these seems fine except 100%: Earring Luk, Shield Str, Top Str/Luk, Btm Dex.

These mentioned scrolls could be otherwise added to Deep Ludi monsters (i.e. MDT, Phantom Watch) or other regions droptable as part of a custom add, which is not too much to ask for, bringing these said scrolls to somewhat of a perceived value add.

Alternatively, these scrolls could be added into Mr. Do's existing exchange list at Mu Lung. Here, players would exchange Mu Lung specific etc drops from any monsters in bundles of x100 for a range of marbles (from 10-13+, lower reward on straw doll etc) for a choice of scroll to exchange for.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the missing 100% scrolls are too many "free stats" if they are purchaseable. You can put a price on them, but realistically the players making secondary characters can easily afford all the scrolls necessary. For new players, the intention is probably that they buy one scroll at a time, until they've scrolled all slots.

But I think a better solution to this, is to add them to mob drops like vanilla and additionally add some of them as PQ rewards in KPQ/LPQ/OPQ. They should definitely be more common than overall for dex 10% for example.

I'd love to see topwear str/luk and bottomwear dex added to KPQ.

For LPQ it could be earring dex/luk/hp, shield str/luk/hp and gloves for hp.

Finally, for OPQ it could be helm int/dex/acc.

Of course, not just the good scrolls should be added. The less desireable ones should be added as well so players can get unlucky.

• 4 months later...

would be nice if that was thing
or heavly increase the droprate of 100% scrolls (like 10x it)

make them craftable ( i think the mu long npc crafts 100% scrolls but only weapon?)

i think overall scrolls should be added to the shops since OA dex is also there
others like hp scrolls would be nice 
helm/top/bottom/earring/shield/cape scrolls can be added to shops i think for a high price ( 1 mill ea ?) or maybe with crafting 1m meso + some items

5 hours ago, opman said:

Or we could add these 100% scrolls to KPQ, LPQ, OPQ instead with rates from very low to low, respectively. Which drives more players towards PQing as an alternative.

maybe replace pots for 100% scrolls. right now alot of 60% scrolls are in the pq's but pq's are not ran that much. also farming for a 100% scroll is kinda pointless if it has the same rate as a 60/10% then ur better off farming that

• 10 months later...