Phoenix

Changing some quest to be repeatable

opman

To have the quest "Goblin at black mountain" and "Mr. wetbottom's secret book" changed to be repeatable on a daily and every 3 days basis, respectively.

Currently as it stands, these items are a one off attainable quest item per character and non-repeatable.

With "one of a kind", untradeable items such as the Goblin cape that gives +5 str with 5 slots, it mainly affects the Warrior, Bow and some Str Dit that choose this over papu/ pianus cape's high Def (saves meso in long run). If this cape were to be poorly scrolled, leaves in no way for players to attain it once again, another flaw of the game design. Which is why it is fine to be repeatable on a daily basis.

As for tradable items like the male/female sauna, it is well inaccessible to players whenever an influx of new players has dried up, resulting in the creation of more mules by the player to do this quest, which is something we do not want to encourage as a server. Comparing to some existing repeatable quests such as NLC's leaf potion (+13 WA/MA) which is repeatable every 3 days, this benchmark could well be used for the male/female sauna where players can progress on with their scrolling on this particular item at a well deserved pace. 

Cheers.

Edited by opman
  • Like 2

If you screw up on the goblin cape you're SOL which kind of sucks. I failed all my scroll attempts on my goblin cape and had to use a different cape instead. Only having one RNG shot at scrolling an untradeable best-in-slot cape for archers isn't great. +1

I think repeatable sauna is a bit op with the speed and all. I don't mind ppl getting new characters to lvl 30 to get the sauna, it means more interaction with new players and more ppl doing kpq. Black mountain items is 60+ and untradable so repeatable makes more sense there imho.

Edited by sewil