Phoenix

The State of Guild PQ vs Scroll Hunting

Kradia

Since GPQ was hotfixed after patch, it's become more apparent that GPQ is just too crazy when it comes to scrolls. Most of the good scrolls are available in GPQ and the ones that aren't are a pain in the ass.

This is definitely going to be an unpopular take, but I think GPQ drop rates should be nerfed and be, maybe 1.5x harder than what they currently are.

Further, I think encouraging people to actually hunt scrolls is important. But the vanilla drop rates just aren't doing it and it's too difficult. Basically, the time invested vs the reward is what makes it not worth it. The drop rates can stay the same, but then places will have to offer multiple good drops. Or, you know. Increase the drop rate.

I'll use Spirit Vikings as an example. A lot of players expected to grind there to farm Earring for DEX 60%. Players soon realized how difficult the assumed 1/50k drop rate is. The majority of players eventually stopped hunting there and went to GPQ instead. But if the drop rate was 1/12.5k, I think people would actually hunt the scroll. How stupid is it, that a scroll, which is chance-based for +2 attributes, is twice as difficult to find than an Ilbi, a guaranteed item?

This doesn't just apply to Spirit Vikings. This applies to every scroll in the game. Some drop rates are just obnoxiously high. Like Overall Armor for LUK 60% at Red Wyvern that has a 1/100k drop rate.

• Like 1

2 GPQ changes are already planned for next update. Further adjusting of droprates is something I've mentioned for awhile and I definitely need to start just doing areas 1by1 so its not a massive project while also being completable eventually.

Also I never once look at droprates like 1/10k and I got no idea wtf that is in comparison to anything I know of.

it's so much easier to just go to a  place that is guaranteed to have the scroll you want vs risking wasting literal hundreds of hours for a scroll that might be a one handed axe accuracy 10, theres also the problem that theres no real way to know what drops where (but that's something arnah wants). I guess we wait for monster book 😔

gpq was already busted even before the v58 patch, it just became so much more obvious with the new scrolls added. alternatives for obtaining scrolls could be suggested 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, manfroy said:

gpq was already busted even before the v58 patch, it just became so much more obvious with the new scrolls added.

I assume this was true also. Even took a bit for people to spam gpq after the changes

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, Arnah said:

2 GPQ changes are already planned for next update. Further adjusting of droprates is something I've mentioned for awhile and I definitely need to start just doing areas 1by1 so its not a massive project while also being completable eventually.

Also I never once look at droprates like 1/10k and I got no idea wtf that is in comparison to anything I know of.

did you start or this or can we get a update? i think gpq got its nerf but idk about its imapct. all i know is farming scrolls still bad

(edit)farmed over 100k jr. cellion and got 4 or 5 claw for att 60% wich is terrible imo with a smaller population server
i think bms droptable says it 1/33k. if that is the case i can still say i got luck lol

Edited by NixMar