Phoenix

Pot Exchange NPC

sewil

An NPC for upgrading bad pots to better pots, with a small fee involved. This would be a better deal than buying/selling via a grocer since the buy/sell ratio for pots is 200% which is really steep. I've made an example table for what it could look like: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZZrOxeoOjtxlZaEUfjIMPgWtCw4U9Ds4VfL4bgRqCOY/edit?usp=sharing

Let's make an example exchange via a grocer. I have 400 Blue Potions from Coolies that I wish to exchange for 50 Red Bean Sundaes. The sell value (SV) for 400 Blue Potions is 40k, while the buy value (BV) for 50 Red Bean Sundaes is 200k and the SV is 100k. This gives me a net loss of 60k.

Using the example table above, let's instead imagine an exchange done via a pot exchange NPC:

1. With 400 Blue Potions, I will pay a total exchange cost of 24k for 200 Mana Elixirs.
  2. With 200 Mana Elixirs, I will pay a total exchange cost of 21k for 100 Pure Waters.
  3. With 100 Pure Waters, I will pay a total exchange cost of 18k for 50 Red Bean Sundaes.
  4. The total exchange cost comes out to 63k. Adding the SV of the 400 Blue Potions (40k) the net loss comes out to 103k.
  5. We now subtract the SV of the gained 50 Red Bean Sundaes (100k) and the net loss comes out to 3k. No money has been generated, we have simply upgraded our bad pots to better pots for a very small fee.

And ofc the table above is just a rough example, maybe being able to upgrade to elixirs/pelixirs is not something you want and maybe there should be a higher fee or no fee at all making upgrading free, but these are all balance tweaks that can be made.

Edited by sewil