Phoenix

Voting change

NotAgain

So I hear voting is kinda trash in terms of the rewards/how many days you got to vote for to get X amount saved. 

The suggestion being having a sort of 'combo' for each account. So between 1-10 votes you get 200NX then when you get to 11-20 days scales how ever you want too helps keep people engaged in voting for the server and gets them progressively better amounts of NX. 

Sorry if my opinion gonna upset some people but I don't see any reason why voting should give more points.

Increasing the NX from voting does 2 things:

a. Decreases the amount of donations - why would we want that, donations should be used to help the server in terms of staying up, ads? and maybe little something for Arnah if he wants although I've been told he doesn't touch phoenix bank. (personally I wouldn't mind if he did)

b. Too easy to get charms - there aren't many skill ceilings in Maplestory already and making deaths being useless only lowers it further.

I would argue that maybe we should reduce the price tag for some stuff in the cash shop, for example, etc hairstyle coupons which can rob you for 50$ for one random haircut which is probably too much.

Edited by KDOT

Wait there's a donation page?! If that is the case and you get X reward for donating then of course. A change in NX would be counter effective, like you say. 

I was unaware of the donation part, I think I've seen speak of it being down though, or at least not available(?)

I think yes, overall my point was to have more accessible cosmetic poop, your a hardcore character and die RIP like how ever many days 200* of vote rewards 

I don't like the idea of receiving less than we do currently to start. I'd rather start at what we have now and scale up. Unless you specifically meant adding 200 extra NX to a vote for 600 points in all (currently we get 400 maple points per vote). I do like the vote streak and have even suggested it before somewhere. Currently there is no donation page - it has been removed for months now and very slow progress on returning it due to the nature of its removal.

I also would not mind some type of mesos to nx conversion method as an option to expedite fashionstory growth.

This is only a problem atm because no donations. It's intentionally low so you'd almost always have to donate for cosmetics, and slot expansion/pets/charms aren't too easy to get. That being said donations aren't working right now, so maybe have an option to choose to vote for 1000NX Cash (Cosmetics/Name Change) instead of 400 Maple Points?

Edited by sewil

Yeah I figure with the first comment I have been a bit dumb in I know/don't know about the server generally. 

But ultimately yes, maybe having a system in place where when donations closes that voting scales so there's not much to be missed out on, or similarly have a "cosmetic sale" when donations are down so it doesn't take forever to change your hair/other cosmetic things.

On 11/4/2021 at 7:36 PM, NotAgain said:

Wait there's a donation page?! If that is the case and you get X reward for donating then of course. A change in NX would be counter effective, like you say. 

I was unaware of the donation part, I think I've seen speak of it being down though, or at least not available(?)

I think yes, overall my point was to have more accessible cosmetic poop, your a hardcore character and die RIP like how ever many days 200* of vote rewards 

yea my bad, I forgot donations have been off for a few months now 😅