Phoenix

[OPQ] Cellion Not Respawning in Storage Map (rare)

Ghost

Occasionally, the Cellion in OPQ's Storage map doesn't respawn after it's been killed.  The map doesn't reset/spawn the Cellion again, so exiting the stage and re-entering does nothing.  Since the last Cellion to spawn drops a piece of the statue, the PQ cannot be completed when this occurs.  This bug is somewhat rare, but still worth fixing as it results in a failed run due to no fault of the party.

It'll happen in any map its just LPQ and OPQ require drops to appear on specific platforms which if the mob is killed near an edge it wont do that(OPQ drop is invisible)

Not much I can do about it currently

For the OPQ Cellion, it respawns once per platform in a pattern after it's killed (plat order: 1, 10, 9, 13, 11, 6, 12, 2, 5, 15, 8, 4, 7, 3, 14). Only the last one (on plat 14) drops the piece.  The respawning breaks for any one of them, not just the last one that drops an item.  So far, I haven't encountered the last one not spawning and/or not dropping the piece.  For me, the one on the 12th platform didn't spawn during 2 PQs, i.e. party killed it on the 6th platform, then it never respawned on the 12th platform (or any others).  It also happened once when it was supposed to spawn on the 2nd platform.  Just wanted to clarify it seems to happen for any of them, not just the last one that drops a piece.

Also, it seems to happen more often than I originally thought.  It happened 3 times today out of about 10-12 PQs, and happened to other party members a few times before that.  If nothing can be done atm, I guess doing that stage early on to be safe is the best alternative.

Edited by Ghost

Sorry, I misunderstood your other post so I was trying to clarify.  I get what you're saying now.  For OPQ, the Cellion gets temporarily stuck in the wall if pinned, similar to the Blocktopus in LPQ Stage 7.  Does killing it while it's stuck in the wall cause this, or is it just all edges regardless?

If its pushed to the wall(not edge) it shouldn't happen but its hard for you as players to give such information since it is invisible.. I'll do some testing and check.

Also.. i'll be pretty surprised if you're pinning the cellion considering the damage required to knock him back

It is bugged though since there's a stark contrast between before patch and after... it never happened in full runs before whereas now it's bugged maybe 50% of the time

pls fix before ppl completely abandon OPQ 😤

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 3:51 AM, Arnah said:

I've slightly adjusted how drop positions are done that should fix this. We'll see if its fixed in the v39 update.

PHOEN-405

I did a lot of OPQs after the restart on 5/30, probably 50+ runs, and never encountered this bug once.  I think you fixed it and can move this thread to the Resolved section.  Thanks for looking into this and fixing it so quickly.