Phoenix

Ludibrium Cape changes

Kradia

The Ludibrium cape is level 100 and requires quite a lot of effort to get. It's unfortunate how useless the cape is though, as it offers nothing of value. I'd like to propose changes that make the Ludibrium cape actually be useful.

Currently, you only get one single Ludi cape. You have one chance of scrolling it and that's it. If you fuck up scrolling it, then you're shit outta luck. Not only that, but it requires you kill Papulatus which is a challenge in itself.

My suggestion is to make the quest repeatable and give the Ludi cape a random 0-2 random single stat roll (STR, DEX, INT, or LUK), but keep it untradeable as it currently is. On top of that, make it a one-of-a-kind so players can't just stack these capes to mass scroll them. 

This would give Papulatus a bit more purpose, but most importantly you make a level 100 cape potentially stronger than the Icarus capes, which only makes sense. Higher level item = better stats.

I personally see the Ludi cape as a boss item equivalent to a Zakum helm. It'd be cool to have all real bosses (not mini-bosses) matter in some ways.

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 11:30 PM, Sorsina said:

Maybe you could give the cape a few more scrolling slots too.  🙂

The potential +2 stat is already enough of a buff. You don't want to make all other, low level capes obsolete, but just give the Ludi cape enough power to make it worthwhile IMO.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Arnah said:

Sounds like a nice idea

It would be cool to see implemented ASAP if that's a yes. So the high level player base can keep busy with something else than Zakum.

Edited by Kradia

• 2 weeks later...

One 'issue' I would say is with the current quest that gives Ludibrium cape if made repeatable it gives 150k meso, 78k exp, and 30 fame.

30 fame is the main issue I see and would either remove or greatly lower it.
78k exp for the level req of 80 seems fine especially with a proper delay between redoing the quest.
150k meso also seems mostly fine based on amount you get from kill & again if it had a proper repeat delay.

Looking for opinions on this as I'm not too interested in making a custom quest just to be able to repeat for the cape.

Oh also looking for opinions on repeat delay. Obvious answer is at least 1 day atm in my opinion.

One 'issue' I would say is with the current quest that gives Ludibrium cape if made repeatable it gives 150k meso, 78k exp, and 30 fame.

I have suggested two possible solutions to you privately, but I'll post them here so we can have more people's inputs.

Suggestion 1: Change fame reward from 30 fame to 1. Since the quest is now repeatable, people could use this as a means to farm fame as well. It would require a total of 30 Papulatus kills to "gain back" those 30 fame that would be changed. Like you said yourself, the exp and meso isn't the issue.

Suggestion 2: Have the quest give 30 fame the first time you complete it. Repeating it afterwards gives you either 1 or no fame. This one requires a custom quest, like you said you're not too interested in making. 

The second suggestion is the ideal solution, but suggestion 1 is feasable and requires very minimal effort. 🙂

Edited by Kradia

Think first suggestion is fine. No one does the quest for the fame anyways and if they did the daily quest every day they will quickly surpass the 30 fame that they would of gotten. Coupled with the Viking quest there should be enough fame to go around. This is a good idea because it will also help move cape scrolls in the market more frequently.

Ok current idea.

Reset "Papulatus" quest for all players.
Remove Ludibrium Cape reward from "Papulatus" quest.
Add Ludibrium Cape to Papulatus droptable with an unknown % droprate atm.
Change Ludibrium Cape to have +1 base for Str, Dex, Int, Luk which gives it a stat range of 0-2.
Change Ludibrium Cape to be one of a kind.

This will keep Nexons current setup where if you complete the "Papulatus" quest you can no longer get Piece of Cracked Dimensions(Until they add in a repeatable quest in the future).
These changes also remove the need to balance the "Papulatus" quest and adjust for when the repeatable piece quest I mentioned previously is added.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arnah said:

Add Ludibrium Cape to Papulatus droptable with an unknown % droprate atm.
Change Ludibrium Cape to have +1 base for Str, Dex, Int, Luk which gives it a stat range of 0-2.

If you're going with this direction, I hope you will consider making the drops as high, or perhaps even higher then a Zak helm droprate. On top of that, please consider a higher amount of capes as well.

Maybe 3 guaranteed capes and up to 3 additional capes with drop chances resembling of Zak helm drops? That's potentially 6 capes per run, which is enough for a full party.

17 hours ago, dugtrio said:

maybe untradeable in addition to one of a kind ?
so if people want this cape they would have to kill papulatus themselves instead of just buying it in the market

Initially list mentioned it staying untradeable but I removed it. I'll likely swap the "Quest" tag it currently has with "Untradeable" resulting in no change other then correcting it for the changes.

14 hours ago, Kradia said:

If you're going with this direction, I hope you will consider making the drops as high, or perhaps even higher then a Zak helm droprate. On top of that, please consider a higher amount of capes as well.

Maybe 3 guaranteed capes and up to 3 additional capes with drop chances resembling of Zak helm drops? That's potentially 6 capes per run, which is enough for a full party.

Yes I was considering multiple cape drops but not entirely sure on amount & droprate

• Like 1