Phoenix

Group Ironman Restriction

Arnah

ytytBRA.png

With the addition of Restrictions we were still looking for ways to expand further on it and add more unique options for the players. Group Ironman was initially brought up in Tespia but I had no plans to implement it at that time of Restrictions initial release until the idea was brought up again recently.

Group Ironman allows you to create a party with up to 5 other brand new Ironman characters to take on the world with just your friends.

Group Ironman required a few decisions to be made about how to handle it before development was started and some of the decisions & possible ideas we thought of are below.

• Party to handle groups as we shouldn't have groups > 6 people anyway.
  • Since its a party, groups are able to do every PQ except GPQ.
  • A 6 man group can make a guild and attempt Zakum.
  • Can only join a group if everyone has the same Restrictions.
  • Leaving or being kicked from a group after leaving the First tutorial map blocks you from ever joining another group.
  • Trading & Drop Trading has to work.
  • Exp & Monster Drops has to properly support multiple ironman(if from the same group) killing a monster.
  • FFA drops from monsters and PQs(HPQ) need to be handled properly for ironman & group ironman
  • Group Ironman players should not be shown in normal Ironman rankings.

After initial development of Group Ironman it was silently added in a game update with some players from Tespia & A few friends of Tespians having access to test it in a real world use case as I knew we wouldn't find every issue from artificial testing in Tespia.

While Group ironman is still not 100% complete it is now known and we are looking for any feedback of possible issues, if x thing not mentioned is possible, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, puzzle said:

Yeah for now since they're being tested. 

I'm guessing Arnah means separate rankings if/when they release.

I mean, they already are released tho lol. But ya, guess it needs more development time. 

group ironman shouldn't get the regular ironman tag you can only choose one of them

EDIT: all of the persistent ironman should get the ability to convert to group ironman if they so wish because there was no option for them in the past

ps. i don't play ironman so i can see that my angle on the subject is neutral

Edited by Alucard

This update ruined my life, please, Arnah, have some heart and remove them from the rankings so my fragile ego has some hope. I can't sleep anymore knowing that there's a party of ironmen playing in my precious server. I wanted to kill myself when i saw Swagmuffins with a green and blue bamboo hat. I wish I had 3 more dex from level 25 because it would've changed my life and I'd probably be level 125 now and have a super hot girlfriend. Please for the love of god Arnah just do something about these 6 people that are having fun together as ironmen. It ruins all integrity of the restriction and I no longer feel safe on the rankings as an ironman anymore. The word 'Ironman' in gaming terms means you can't trade. Being a 'Group Ironman' completely defeats the purpose of being an ironman and spits in the face of any ironmen that are on the server. The absolute gall you have about releasing updates that nobody even wants just blows my mind as a server owner. Good luck on Phoenix, you'll need it.

5 minutes ago, puzzle said:

This update ruined my life, please, Arnah, have some heart and remove them from the rankings so my fragile ego has some hope. I can't sleep anymore knowing that there's a party of ironmen playing in my precious server. I wanted to kill myself when i saw Swagmuffins with a green and blue bamboo hat. I wish I had 3 more dex from level 25 because it would've changed my life and I'd probably be level 125 now and have a super hot girlfriend. Please for the love of god Arnah just do something about these 6 people that are having fun together as ironmen. It ruins all integrity of the restriction and I no longer feel safe on the rankings as an ironman anymore. The word 'Ironman' in gaming terms means you can't trade. Being a 'Group Ironman' completely defeats the purpose of being an ironman and spits in the face of any ironmen that are on the server. The absolute gall you have about releasing updates that nobody even wants just blows my mind as a server owner. Good luck on Phoenix, you'll need it.

you took the words right out of my mouth, thank you

5 hours ago, Sphereless said:

If it's a party and they can make a guild why can't they do GPQ?

Might have worded it incorrectly. The Group Ironman todo on my side has this

Block GPQ if non ironman & ironman are in the party quest(Maybe ignore this? GPQ fully blocked atm for ironman).

Initial idea I think was to allow it but it would require an extra check but it was not high priority since its already not possible to abuse.

Also Group Ironman players were removed from Ironman rankings last night.