Phoenix

Character becomes uncontrollable occasionally

Fruit Shop Owner

Question

On rare occasions, my character becomes uncontrollable - I can't do anything with it, including use consumables, while it goes around moving and attacking seemingly at random. I'm a bit worried as a hardcore character, because although I can close the client to avoid a death, I might not be able to do that when fighting bosses later on (in particular, Papulatus with his 1-hp ability), and I have no idea how to fix it or what's causing it, other than maybe keys registering weirdly.

2 answers to this question

I've actually had this issue as well, but instead of it moving around and attacking aimlessly my character just locks up entirely. It resulted in death several times. I found it happened very often for me if I was quickly typing in the chat log, hit enter and then went to use Heal (Priest) or move my character. I'd essentially get locked and if I didn't close the client quick enough would die.

Slightly different but still worth highlighting I think. 

Happened again, this time it involved alt-tabbing. It's likely that it's happened for me when I've tried to use chat as well

Edit: Once more, but this time it was just because I had a lag spike across my computer (I was listening to something, and when the sound broke for a second my character became uncontrollable)

Edited by Fruit Shop Owner