Phoenix

add khanjar?

manfroy

edit: moved cursayer suggestion to new thread

As for the khanjar, it should be nerfed before even considering adding it to the game; do something like either give it far less weapon att (something like 2 weapon att for the level 80 version and 4 for dragon khanjar) or just give a bunch of luk(7 for level 80 and 14 for dragon khanjar or even double that amount, cause even with shield luk a dkhanjar with 7 10s wouldnt be worth the str needed).

The regular khanjar could also receive similar drop treatment to the cursayer and the dragon khanjar can be a zakum drop or some other boss/miniboss drop

Both the khanjar and dragon khanjar visually set a str bandit apart from a luk dit far more than the str daggers.

thx for reading

from another strdit

Edited by manfroy
  • Like 1

Agree to add custom khanjar its a very appealing shield.

One of the two options;
1. It should be +1-3 luk if str dit only (better wrist guard)
2. regular stats but available for both paths

Str dit is a decision to go for higher low damage.
Luk dit is a decision to go for higher high damage.
Therefor it should've been designed for both paths.

Edited by Alucard

• 1 month later...

+1 for both Khanjar and Dragon Khanjar to be added but with adjusted stats.

Having weapon attack on a shield doesn't make much sense, but also it means that a str build on bandits would eventually outscale regular bandits. There is no need to push the str build, because it was clearly made as an alternative build to use more edgy looking weapons. With that being said, I think str bandits could use some love without affecting the regular bandit build at all. 

The level 80 Khanjar could be in a really good spot, if the weapon attack was removed but with a 7 or 9 LUK average stat. On top of that, you could make it to a total of 50 weapon defense and 20-30 magic defense.

If we ever get level 120 items, Dragon Khanjar could get the same treatment, but with way higher stats.

With the defensive stats, I took inspiration from warrior shields: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/eq/armours/shield?class=36 

3 hours ago, Kradia said:

+1 for both Khanjar and Dragon Khanjar to be added but with adjusted stats.

Having weapon attack on a shield doesn't make much sense, but also it means that a str build on bandits would eventually outscale regular bandits. There is no need to push the str build, because it was clearly made as an alternative build to use more edgy looking weapons. With that being said, I think str bandits could use some love without affecting the regular bandit build at all. 

The level 80 Khanjar could be in a really good spot, if the weapon attack was removed but with a 7 or 9 LUK average stat. On top of that, you could make it to a total of 50 weapon defense and 20-30 magic defense.

If we ever get level 120 items, Dragon Khanjar could get the same treatment, but with way higher stats.

With the defensive stats, I took inspiration from warrior shields: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/eq/armours/shield?class=36 

Lets say khanjar is added with 7 or 9 luk avg. would anyone even equip it? or it will be obsolete? (unless str requirement removed)

Because the current stats with weapon attack only str dits would equip and it won't out scale much, tried it on Tespia. (If it outscales at 17X, I think thats kinda.. fair?)

If you're pointing this out, you should also point out ;
1. lv25 female warrior set adds 12 speed and its purchasable at a low price from the NPC.
2. lv35 female thief oa adds 4 dex. (2 x 60% OA Dex 100% passing on a sauna) 

Without adding Khanjars, Str Dits are shit similar to Luk mages (in terms of dmg). 
Similar to without reducing Maple Shield slots from 10 to 7, all the other shields are useless.

So why Nerf Str Dits even more when they need Buffs. 
Why are we Nerfing "OP" shit, instead of buffing weak shit.

Edited by DannyAmeri

1 hour ago, DannyAmeri said:

Lets say khanjar is added with 7 or 9 luk avg. would anyone even equip it? or it will be obsolete? (unless str requirement removed)

Only str bandits would. The way I see it is, you chose to go with an alternate build to equip the cool daggers/shields. Not to be on equal to the better build. Yes, in a perfect world both builds are equally good, but that's simply not possible because of how weapon attack scales. It can however be tweaked so it's somewhat similar.

and it won't out scale much, tried it on Tespia. (If it outscales at 17X, I think thats kinda.. fair?)

The next thing I'm going to say is purely subjective. This will be my opinion. But because it isn't possible for both builds to be equally strong at all times, nor can it be equally strong endgame, you have to choose between the two. Which one should be better? I personally think the regular build should be better over the alternative build.

With that being said, I think the right approach would be to remove weapon attack from shields and make shields do what they're supposed to - protect you so you take less damage. When I suggest item stat changes, it's because i'm just trying to make a little more sense of the game and bring it inline with everything else.

If you're pointing this out, you should also point out ;
1. lv25 female warrior set adds 12 speed and its purchasable at a low price from the NPC.
2. lv35 female thief oa adds 4 dex. (2 x 60% OA Dex 100% passing on a sauna) 

While I agree that these item design choices were very interesting, I think these issues don't matter much in the overall scheme of things. Also these are early game oversights, which you don't benefit from for too long, because you're upgrading your gear shortly anyway. Ideally, you make adjustments to this kind of stuff too, but it's too miniscule of a difference to give it attention right now.

1. I have pointed this one out before and it's still surprising to me, how they came to the conclusion to add that amount of speed, but not for male top/bottom.

2. This one luckily gets band-aid "fixed" eventually, because top/bottom scrolls get added. Top/bottom will be a great alternative, but the spike is just at later levels.

Finally, I'd like to point out that these items are early game items, while Khanjar/Dragon Khanjar is very late game. We're defining lategame CB items/build here and I think this is more important personally. I don't think it's the right choice to make all regular build bandits build towards str in the end. <---- my opinion

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 1