Phoenix

Dragon Forest Leafre Exchange Quest

Kradia

Leafre has been out for almost 2 months now and while people have been trying to make things work, I think it's safe to conclude that the Dragon Forest of Leafre is simply unsustainable for all classes, with the exception of F/P Magicians and Hermits. While Chief Bandits can definitely hold their ground, seemingly losing the least meso out of all melee classes, it is still just too harsh, especially considering the very minimal increase of EXP compared to places like Gobies.

I'd like to mention NLC potions real quick - if these were in the game, Leafre would've been just fine, most likely for all classes across the board. However, they are simply too good and should be kept out of the game.

Because we don't have the NLC potions available to us, I would like to propose a custom Leafre exchange quest. Similarly to how the Orbis exchange quest works, you turn in a 100 ETC from a mob and you gain some rewards. It's very important to mention that the exchange quest can not reward a player with EXP, because it would be very abusable, unless there was a level requirement added to the exchange quest.

All mobs on the side of Dragon Nest should be included in this exchange quest and game design wise, it would perfectly mirror the Leafre forest exchange quest that players do for reducing the costs of Magic Seeds. Chief Tatamo is the most obvious NPC to use for this exchange.

It could look a little something like this:

You turn in:

leftover270.gif?1244094607 x 100 Old Neck Bone which drop from Skelosaurus

In return, you can get one of these rewards:

food010.gif?1245002420 x 18-24 Melting Cheese

food014.gif?1245057205 x 12-18 Reindeer Milk

food022.gif?1244975772 x 34-40 Ice Cream Pop

food013.gif?1246093398 x 18-26 Pure Water

Unagi x 54-60 Unagi

potion036.gif?1245075715 x 12-20 Honster (NLC potion, low rate)

potion037.gif?1245075658 x 8-16 Ginseng Root (NLC potion, low rate)
potion039.gif?1245078293 x 15-23 Sorcerer Elixir

scroll010_34.gif?1243749953 x1 Scroll for Topwear for STR/LUK (should be added to the exchange when the scroll exists in the files, which should be version 56. Super low rate, similarly to Orbis Exchange)

leftover256.gif?1244001300 x1 Dragon Spirit (Super low rate)

leftover257.gif?1244001087 x1 Dragon Scale (Super low rate)

+ More "garbage items" could be added that so you don't always get useful stuff.

I'd like to end by saying I did not spend my time calculating all these items in terms of value. I just eye-balled it and tried to visualize and explain the concept. It can be done entirely differently and the reward pool could be completely different from what I am proposing. Please discuss!

Edited by Kradia
  • Like 5

+1 I also think this should apply to the mobs in the Minar Forest. Once you've donated to the Chief enough to reach the 8,000 meso Magic Seed price, the ETC exchange is worthless.

I think it's a good idea but will need tweaking to make sure it doesn't cause some classes like f/p to have even more of an advantage.

If we do the math ourselves it will help Arnah implement it sooner and might be more convincing too.

This just seems like it'd make hermits and F/P rich from selling pots to warriors. Also cause inflation because we'd be trading mesos around players instead of spending it an npc

Edited by Sandz

3 hours ago, Sandz said:

This just seems like it'd make hermits and F/P rich from selling pots to warriors. Also cause inflation because we'd be trading mesos around players instead of spending it an npc

F/P been like that since Ludi (selling DTs).

And whats wrong with a F/P getting rich in a "pure 1x" 3rd job server when there's only 1 active F/P (tells you how nice it is play a F/P) and he's still not breaking even.

Hermits been getting wealthier. That means no more content should be added cuz hermits will most likely be able to earn from it?

• Like 1

Wouldn't really make F/Ps in general "RICH" It would make it easier to sustain/even profit (with decent RNG on equips) for sure. I don't currently sustain, to even think this is foolish. Sure, I haven't been losing as much as a warrior and the reasons for this are very obvious. Warriors would lose more than me training virtually anywhere. Teleporting through monsters, sealing and just the large mana pool I possess with a hyper body mule + only training using elixirs just puts me at a huge advantage. I still lose a decent amount of mesos despite all this. I went into leafre with a large amount of mesos 2nd only to MrKrabs and I have basically finished my gear so I don't care about losing mesos, anyway. If this suggestion helps others (don't think it'll do that much but it's something) then I support it. I also support a deep ludi exchange because ludi is in need of some love.

This isn't really relevant of the topic but using me as an example for the class F/P is stupid. I have taken advantage of so many things since I started playing, advantages other F/Ps will never have. Good luck to any upcoming F/Ps (if there are any) who try to mirror what I've accomplished. 

Edited by Yaoi
  • Like 5

What I said came out abit wrong from what I intended. Im just saying framing this as something that would help other classes sustain dosen't sit right with me. A change like this would only benefit the classes that can already grind these maps. Because for something like this to actually make it viable for other classes to grind in deep leafre it would have to be so broken that it'd break the entire economy. So you're not gonna see anyone that wasn't grinding there already suddenly start from a change like this.