Phoenix

Increase Level Requirement on Zakum Helmet

Kradia

With Pirates right around the corner, I think it's the right time to increase the level requirement for the Zakum Helmet. Reason being, everybody who can afford one will have the option to buy a 30+ stat helmet, making all other caps entirely obsolete.

I want to suggest a level requirement of 140, exactly the same level Zakum is. This is also the level a player can actually make a difference in Zakum runs.

A requirement of level 120 also works, but I think it would make sense if the item shares the same level the boss is. Ideally, this design should apply for all other boss items but one step at a time is fine.

Currently existing helmets would of course keep their old level requirement so players suddenly aren't stuck without their regular stats. Many of the current helmets will eventually be replaced anyway, since the meta has shifted into a scrolled helmet.

I don't think this solves anything other than further widening the gap between new and old players. Nobody under the lvl requirement will want to join or fund the runs so I think it will be hard to get any runs going.

• Like 2

While I've been considering doing this for a bit and also saw pirate as a good time(But rethinking now its always 'bad' but in my eyes late is better than never) 120 and 140 were no where close to what I was initially thinking. Was more to take it off the rare extremely low levels rather than 90% of players.

And no, existing items would not keep the old level req :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, Arnah said:

Was more to take it off the rare extremely low levels rather than 90% of players.

Fair point, but maybe a level adjustment should be done on Zakum then. Because realistically, only 10% of the players you speak of actually make a difference at Zakum currently.

I thought of 120/140 because it's so many stats. A level 80/90/100/110 cap does not give you nearly as many stats. Because you have declined the transmog suggestion, it just sucks to see all those level 80-110 items completely unused. If regular items could've been worn as cosmetics, it would've at least had some purpose 😏

Edited by Kradia

Halloween hat (lv10) + 4 all stats 
Lord pirate hat (lv60) +18 potentially if maxed
Maple hat (lv70) + 3 all stats +hp/mp

If at all going to increase the level req, i think lv 90 - 100 would be a good fit since most of these said items above already make class hats somewhat irrelevant, yes they are attained through event but even so, it's available. Either nerf the stats bonus on these aforementioned items or change it's lvl req. i.e. most job hats maxes out at 6 to 7 stats pre lv 100.

• Like 1

-1. i think everyone should be able to see that this would happen as some point. if you wanted this should have done it from the start.

Most classes dont even wear there normal hat now since they dont have the stats for it. thiefs add dex at around 70. Mage rarely add luk and there gear sucks anyway. Warrior and bowman can wear there gear but ive seen most warriors stick to bambo hats due to +3 stat. archer probably  wear there gear.

20 hours ago, NixMar said:

if you wanted this should have done it from the start.

No. I'll never put this idea into my brain as it'll just create a worse product in the end. This is something that can be changed later with little impact(no stat inc changes) and I'll gladly do such change late if it's deemed as needed.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, Arnah said:

And no, existing items would not keep the old level req

this will have a huge impact. players who a zhelm now and wont be able to wear them will lose alot of stats. people use zhelm stats to wear other equips will also not be able to wear those equips because they dont have the reg stats anymore. for warriors they lose a ton of acc. this will mean people need to heavily downgrade there gear and go to lower/weaker mobs

Make zakum drop zakum helmet (1), zakum helmet (2), and zakum helmet (3), and make them all different levels. For instance, zakum helmet (2) is +4 all stat, so keep it lvl 50; zakum helmet (3) is +6 all stat, maybe make it lvl 75. Zakum helmet (1) is +15 all stat, so make it lvl 100+.

The root cause of this "issue" of people buying zhelms at low levels, however rarely this occurs, is that normal job hats suck. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, Kradia said:

A level 80/90/100/110 cap does not give you nearly as many stats. 

A different approach: istead of nerfing access to zhelm and similar gear, decrease the incentive to go out and get one by buffing the "normal" gear.  

This way we change the dialogue from "all other hats suck so I'll just buy a zhelm as early as I can so I don't need to worry about hats anymore" to "my current job hat isn't that bad, so I'm in no rush to buy a zhelm."

This would (1) help those who can't afford a zhelm early and (2) bridge the stat gap between those who can and cannot afford a zhelm early. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gardenia said:

A different approach: istead of nerfing access to zhelm and similar gear, decrease the incentive to go out and get one by buffing the "normal" gear.  

This is a solid suggestion imo. But it's really hard to get right because the Zakum Helmet gives 30 free stats, whereas the level 100/110 caps only give 8-10 stats. This means the stats would have to get scaled up from a certain level and probably already starting from level 50 caps, so each new tier upgrade gets an additional +3/+3 stats (main and secondary).

I guess it would look a little something like this. I'll use average thief gear as an example because that's the gear I'm most familiar with

Level 50 cap: From 3 total stats to 9 total stats
Level 60 cap: From 4 total stats to 13 total stats
Level 70 cap: From 4 total stats to 13 total stats 
Level 80 cap: From 5 total stats to 14 total stats 
Level 90 cap: From 5 total stats to 14 total stats 
Level 100 cap: From 6 total stats to 15 total stats 

But I personally think this is too many free stats. If you put less stats on it, it's still not going to compare to the 30 stats you get from Z-helm.

It doesn't feel right. If only the stats from the Z-helm were transferrable to another cap this whole issue would've been somewhat solved. At least the regular caps would be put into use.